The Skeleton Fort turned Stronghold...

• I found myself in a fairly empty server, nobody around for nautical miles, I see a skeleton fort and decide I can go to solo it, I start off pretty strong, however it begins taking a fairly long while, I'd wager I was 1-2 waves from clearing the fort, but upon respawn I see a brigantine beelining for the fort, it was a crew of 3 looking to take the fort as an easy win, but I parked in a blind spot allowing my ship safety as the skeletons began shooting for the brig. Alas they end up hitting my ship pretty repeatedly and I've lost the ship, I still lived however, remaining on the fort island.

My plan was to wait it out and let them clear the fort for me, using a keg to sink their ship while they were on the island. However I spotted the brig getting into a scuffle with a Skeleton Galleon that strolled up onto them, the fort launching cannonfire at them as well. I decided I'd join forces with the NPCs and take the cannon tower, and I begin landing shots on the brigantine as well, after several scores of cannon fire they retreat off to an outpost, I've won! or so I figured, but alas with ship gone and no rowboats, scoring the fort became pointless.

I decided to swim over to the outpost, striking down 3 sharks that attempted to kill me on my long swim, and then I make landfall on the outpost, watching the two run around the island, I sneak onto their brig and look for treasure, and figured since they wanted to come sink my ship, t'was only fair I return the pleasure right? I notice their anchor wasn't put down so I cranked the wheel hard right and lowered the sails, running the ship aground while also setting fire to it. I'll never forget the words I heard...

"How the hell did this happen?!"

Views
1 out of 1