Save Ship Designs

• Hello everyone! Have you ever had a really cool ship design that you use every game but you are starting to get tired of constantly putting back on the ship when you enter? Well what if you could save these designs? I have a special design for my ship that I must constantly put back on every time I enter a server and it is getting annoying. Then there is putting up a flag. It is something I forget to do very often which has led to multiple people attempting to sink my ship since I don’t have a flag representing my business to them. If you could save the designs it would be much more simple to have a really cool ship appearance.

Views
  • yea saving ship design will be awesome and will save a few mins loading in each time

• @finley61518 Do you mean being able to go to the shipwrights and select the ship design, or are you wanting it to be there when you log in?

• @ghostpaw I’m saying it should be there once you log-in. Basically it would save whatever design you had when you last left the game and it would load it back in once you rejoin the game.

• @finley61518 said in Save Ship Designs:

@ghostpaw I’m saying it should be there once you log-in. Basically it would save whatever design you had when you last left the game and it would load it back in once you rejoin the game.

I thought that was the case. So who’s design takes precedence? If I am online, get the ship set up the way I want it, then you join, does your setup override mine? I could see having a saved setup that you can select at the shipwright to save a few clicks, but as far as it just loading a ship design because you logged in, that only makes sense if you are a solo player.

• @finley61518 as I change my ship loadout every session, sometimes in between, I don't need that feature...also as @Ghostpaw mentioned, what happens if someone joins? I wouldn't mind saving premade combinations, so you just need one click, but your idea comes with too many problems...
    Anyway, I don't need this...
    But a outload saving for clothes would be a nice thing
    Also I wish the ship inventory would be more cleaned up...like when you choose a certain figurehead and switch to the next part it gives you first the same set parts

• As far as I understand it we don't actually "own" our ships in game right now. Rare has talked, even before launch, about what they call the captaincy update which in short will allow us to do what you're asking and much more. Granted we don't know much about this update or when it will drop but I remember Rare teased it in a Q&A last year some time.

• @je0rgie-p0rgie sagte in Save Ship Designs:

As far as I understand it we don't actually "own" our ships in game right now. Rare has talked, even before launch, about what they call the captaincy update which in short will allow us to do what you're asking and much more. Granted we don't know much about this update or when it will drop but I remember Rare teased it in a Q&A last year some time.

I think this mysterious captaincy update won't ever come the way they first announced it...probably some things of the original planned captaincy update are already in the game

• @schwammlgott I'm sure it's evolved since launch but I think the core concept will remain the same.

• @je0rgie-p0rgie sagte in Save Ship Designs:

@schwammlgott I'm sure it's evolved since launch but I think the core concept will remain the same.

Of what? That captaincy update? Nobody really knows what that thing would be, only Rare knows...
    The only thing about this we know, is the "teleporting" from legend hideout into the world with your ship and naming the ships...
    First thing would need a HUGE OVERHAUL, because every crew would need his own legend hideout, not just one for all, like it is now...

• I would have liked to have seen this as an option months ago.

There should also be costume set presets you can select.

• @ghostpaw said in Save Ship Designs:

@finley61518 said in Save Ship Designs:

@ghostpaw I’m saying it should be there once you log-in. Basically it would save whatever design you had when you last left the game and it would load it back in once you rejoin the game.

I thought that was the case. So who’s design takes precedence? If I am online, get the ship set up the way I want it, then you join, does your setup override mine? I could see having a saved setup that you can select at the shipwright to save a few clicks, but as far as it just loading a ship design because you logged in, that only makes sense if you are a solo player.

agreed it will have to be a shipwright. first tab "saved design" and then you click and it applies the hull sails cannons whiil capstan that you saved. as the auto switch on log in will cause issues as each time someone joins it will update to theirs.

• @schwammlgott We don't have to know what that core concept is for it to remain the same or for it to change. You're right, we don't know...but Rare does. My point still stands, they probably had a plan for the captaincy update prior to launch and since launching the game and seeing what has and what has not worked that original plan has probably evolved. However, I'm confident that the idea behind WHAT they wanted the captaincy update to be has remained the same.

We know that they wanted us to be able to create unique ships that people would recognize, be able to name those ships, and eventually sail them out of the legends hideout. How we go about doing all of that could change or maybe it already has but the idea of actually owning our own ship and making it uniquely ours more than likely has not.

Views
1 out of 13