Help! Mix n match bugged?

• As in the weekly special event challanges.

We had two boats in an allience with all lights the same two colours. But the event wouldn't complete.

Am I missing something or is this bugged?

Views
  • This just happened to me as well

• @ladyllaw @TNVolunteer5 We have just completed this one over here... so you only had 2 crews in your alliance (you and another ship)? And both ships were all in one single colour?

• @musicmee yep, tried all same colour, then all same Two colours and then even matching lantern colors in same places. Still nothing :/

• @LadyLlaw It isn't a bug. The challenge description is just worded either very poorly or intentionally cryptic. You have to have both ships ONE singular flame of fate color. Like all lanterns are red. I had trouble with this one as well.

• Were all of the lanterns turned on? I have noticed that the challenges don't trigger if one of the lights is off, even if the proper colors is on it.

• @blackmando4870 said in Help! Mix n match bugged?:

@LadyLlaw It isn't a bug. The challenge description is just worded either very poorly or intentionally cryptic. You have to have both ships ONE singular flame of fate color. Like all lanterns are red. I had trouble with this one as well.

Yeah that's what I thought, but we did have all lights the same colour and all was on, we properly made sure to test things we could think off incase it was just us being proper n00bs.

• @arctroopachedda yeah, that's one we checked. We did go through a few different things incase it was just us being awful pirates.

To clarify we did the folkowing:
    Had 2 ships, sloop and brigatine.
    Both in an allience and started by having all lights pink, no luck.

So we threw white into the mix and had all lights on both ships pink and white, no luck. We then set all upper deck pink, all lower deck white on both ships still in an allience, still nothing, then we triple checked all lights were on and they was. 🤔

So I'm completely at a loss.

• @ladyllaw if they were all pink before the alliance was formed it wouldn't count. just flip flop the lights and it will.

• @LadyLlaw you said they were the same two colors which makes me think that you have more than one flame of fate color on the ships. You only need one color. As in both ships have all their lanterns red. If that doesn't work it may have gotten bugged out somehow.

• @blackmando4870 said in Help! Mix n match bugged?:

@LadyLlaw you said they were the same two colors which makes me think that you have more than one flame of fate color on the ships. You only need one color. As in both ships have all their lanterns red. If that doesn't work it may have gotten bugged out somehow.

Yeah we had the lights before joining allience and then tried one colour through both boats and that didn't work, (pink).

I'm wondering if it is simply because we had the 'party boat' when joining an allience, the other boat had just the regular lamps on and then changed ours to all pink and they did same. So I'm thinking it's solely because we didn't apply the colour pink after joining in an allience.

• @ladyllaw could it be the same bug we have since introduction of harpoons? Remember, brig had 4 lanterns in the front, now with harpoons just 2...maybe just works with sloops again...

• all have to be same color.
    all have to be on.
    potential other issues: row boat attached and not with correct color/on. Lights in your pockets not same color (this can prevent the sail through storm with no lights achievement so you may want to check this too if you aren't getting credit).

• My friend and I had the same problem too. It was because the lanterns on our ship were already lit before the alliance was formed. We had to switch colors to make it work

• Yea i had this issue. was in the alliance. someone from the other ship jumped over and changed my lights and no reward. I had to do it again this time setting my own lights all one colour and they set there own lights the same colour.

• @leftypirate99, Thanks for the tip, We forgot about the row boat! That's probably why the other crew got it and we didn't.

• I had the same problem, all I had to do was turn all the lights off on both ships then turn them back on and I got it.

Views
15 out of 17