Legendary Vaults

• A new type of vault only accessible by a PL. This new vault would be a test of your knowledge of the sea, instead of a Golden Wayfinder, you have a riddle that would describe a random island and place to dig, skelly to kill, NPC to talk to, or book to read, which would give a clue to the whereabouts of a key shard, there are 4 key shards you have to find and once you find it, the quest will more or less resemble a normal vault, however, the puzzle is much more difficult and there is much more loot, but if you solve the puzzle you will get an ancient chest of legendary tributes paying 20k and appropriate athena reputation but be warned for as soon as you open the vault a beam of light shall rise into the sky signaling to the entire lobby that a legendary vault has been opened and the chest will put you on the map, so you must rush to the nearest outpost and quickly sell your loot or you risk losing it all, the vault itself will contain mostly athenas trinkets similar to the current athena voyage

Views
  • i will likely take this down and repost it with a more full idea of what it is as not even half of my ideas for it were on here

• Sounds fun but the issue I have is that it's too cookie cutter for me.

The leap from skelly captains to ghost ships was significant and unique
    The leap from riddles and dig maps to vaults was significant and unique

We don't have that for Athena and this wouldn't provide it

Imo Athena should eventually get something new but it needs to be different than anything we have seen yet.

• @wolfmanbush ima start thinking I'ma have several ideas already forming

• @wolfmanbush the main issue I see with a lot of possible ideas is that athena doesn't really have its own brand merchant, the order of souls, gold hoarder, hunters, reapers, and sea dogs all have a unique brand and have always had one;athena never really had one it has always been just other companies combined a lot of the ideas I have I quite like and are nothing like what is in the game but it just seems like it should go to a new company and not Athena's fortune

• Personally I think any new Athena’s Fortune voyages should play very similarly to tall tales. Something like fetching a ship’s log and retracing their steps to find sunken chests and whatnot (maybe even making more use of the shipwrecks that spawn in-game?). Maybe even braving a trap gauntlet like Shores of Gold or Heart of Fire to collect some treasure.

• @gundy-the-shark Thats what i was trying to go for but I forgot to include the section where it would be actual notes in-game simular to current vault keys as in you can pick them up and such and read them. Any player could steal them and read them giving them a clue to a key fragment.
    Imagine 2 crews in a war for a legendary vault started by a player not even in the game anymore fighting for the clues for the key fragments then fighting of the key fragments themselves

• If the other crews only find out about it AFTER you pick it up, then 1 of 2 things will happen.

1. If close by, they may come after you.

Or, far more likely,

1. They're too far away and will ignore you knowing it's
      basically going to be a free turn in...
  • @gundy-the-shark said in Legendary Vaults:

Personally I think any new Athena’s Fortune voyages should play very similarly to tall tales. Something like fetching a ship’s log and retracing their steps to find sunken chests and whatnot (maybe even making more use of the shipwrecks that spawn in-game?). Maybe even braving a trap gauntlet like Shores of Gold or Heart of Fire to collect some treasure.

YES that'll make the game COME ALIVE MORE!

• @closinghare208 said in Legendary Vaults:

@gundy-the-shark said in Legendary Vaults:

Personally I think any new Athena’s Fortune voyages should play very similarly to tall tales. Something like fetching a ship’s log and retracing their steps to find sunken chests and whatnot (maybe even making more use of the shipwrecks that spawn in-game?). Maybe even braving a trap gauntlet like Shores of Gold or Heart of Fire to collect some treasure.

YES that'll make the game COME ALIVE MORE!

Or kill off the excitement of doing TTs...

• @galactic-geek Not really. Tall Tales would still have the lore, which is the main reason I did them. The name kinda implies that it's about story telling, not really new gameplay mechanics. Of course, several new gameplay mechanics have been added from Tall Tales, but similarly to the Vault voyages there's not reason to not add them to regular voyages. The Gold Hoarder Vaults haven't made the Tall Tale vaults less fun, because both have completely different goals. The Tall Tale one is about deciphering clues and usually act as important story goals, and the Gold Hoarder vault is about scouring the vault as quickly and efficiently as you can. Adding fun mechanics to other voyages just makes them more enjoyable.

• @mferr11 Good argument, but I think you might be surprised at just how many pirates would argue that it's all just more of the same old song and dance.

Views
7 out of 12