New end game style faction/ progression suggestion

• We all know by now that pirate legend doesn't have the same meaning it used to have. Athena quests were fine but never felt like a end game level voyage due to it recycling other faction quests before giving a chest of legends. While I have noticed some of the factions getting an overhaul or additional voyage types to improve variety which I am all for, I think since many people are maxing out reputations in most factions faster because of things like emissaries there needs to be a completely new form of end game material.
    Since this would be a end game level faction the commendations and potential quests that go with it should be locked until reaching max level in all current reputations. Because this faction would be the highest level in game I think a large portion of this faction should be dedicated to hard to earn commendations where upon completion give you cool titles and the ability to purchase very expensive cosmetics for both you and your ship similar to how the pirate legend cannons, anchor, and wheel are.
    I have been debating ideas where I think the location of this faction should be. There are lots of cool secret ways to hide it similar to the pirate legend hideout but what if it was based in the bottom left area of the map that is unused. Now obviously if that was the case it shouldn't limit non faction members from entering so it couldn't be used as a safe zone but some form of outpost or island down there with a secret entrance would be super cool.
    I have had lots of different ideas about loot for this new faction, and while a whole bunch of new high value loot items would be cool I feel that it shouldn't necessarily be the entire focus of the faction but instead it is %50 loot and %50 commendation completion based. Using the idea with equal importance of loot and commendations I had a thought of a different way of progression, I think it would be interesting if after hitting a level you need to also complete a certain amount of commendations as well in order to continue having the loot count toward rep. (example: I sell enough treasure to complete level 1 but in order to start on level 2 I need to complete 2 commendations before loot would count towards level 2) While this idea will require lots of commendations just for this faction it does make more of a drive to complete them.
    Now as far as a new and unique quest system goes for this faction I am not currently sure what would work and how it would balance so if any of you reading this have suggestions for that or how you would alter this I would like to read them.

Views
  • The end game is what you make it.
    Sandbox world should never have a endgame unless the game itself comes to an end.

• @burnbacon while I agree to this it does feel like it is missing a lot of high level exclusive content. There is hardly any point in working on other factions unless you try to finish all commendations like how I almost have done. I meant for this suggestion to be a end game feeling system only available to those who have completed the game and feel like nothing is left instead of leaving. I love the grind for the pirate legend cannons anchor and wheel because they had large tasks and are a example of your hard work and would love to see a even higher level faction or something add more like this.

• Thanks for posting this snapper it was need even tho I doupt anyone will see it.

• This game apparently will be continuously developing for 10 years. Why the rush for an end game already?

• Don't you get it? Once you're in, you're in. There is no out. 😈

• I would love to see mor end game content! Thanks for posting about this!

• @needsmokes while I hope this game will be continuing for a long time I think they need something like this with hard to earn commendations to give those people who have mostly completed the game something new to do. This is not necessarily a end of the game idea but more of fulfilling what feels like missing content to satisfy those who have worked hard and completed mostly everything currently available. It is more like advanced bilge rats where things can be added onto and have new difficult challenges regularly to keep those people engaged in the game.

Views
1 out of 8