Cross-play Options

• Have the ability to pick which servers you play between Steam, Microsoft (PC) and console instead of just console and keyboard. Since steam got SoT the cheater numbers have noticeably increased. Found 1 in 18 months on Microsoft only, find one every few weeks on PC servers now that steam has had it a few months.

Steam and cheaters just go hand in hand. I dont understand how Rare did not see this coming. One game alone saw 4 million VAC banned accounts in the first 6 months of 2019.

Views
  • @xthejam You worry too much.

• cheats can only do so much in this game. Once you get on their ship, not even the aimbot can beat a good spawn camping. It's fun spawn camping cheaters.

• @xthejam

One game alone saw 4 million VAC banned accounts in the first 6 months of 2019.

Care to actually cite the game? That amount of bans certainly isn't a small number either, isn't that a great example of how effective VAC is? To sit here and say Steam and cheaters goes hand in hand seems like a stretch. In my personal experience, Cheaters are still quite the rarity in the VAC protected games I played. I was lucky to find maybe one or two every year in those games.

Side note, how is Cross play even relevent here? In your own story you even state the supposed security of Opt out servers and it is only when you cross over to the mixed server you run into the alleged cheaters. It sounds like no change is needed, Xbox players just need to keep doing what they were already doing.

You do grasp that Steam players connect to the same servers as everyone else right? I don't think you know what you are talking about.

• We’re already split between two factions. Xbox/console and pc/computer.

Why divide it even more when, even console players can cheat the same way??
    No matter where you go...cheats will always follow.

• @burnbacon said in Cross-play Options:

We’re already split between two factions. Xbox/console and pc/computer.

Why divide it even more when, even console players can cheat the same way??
    No matter where you go...cheats will always follow.

in any game people cheat because they're sore losers I guess?

• Chinese cheat because winning is a higher status symbol for them and/or they are getting paid to get gold and cosmetics for some person who doesnt want to grind.

American cheaters could be trolls who enjoy ruining your day or young kids who learned how to do this stuff and dont like losing.

• @xthejam said in Cross-play Options:

Have the ability to pick which servers you play between Steam, Microsoft (PC) and console instead of just console and keyboard. Since steam got SoT the cheater numbers have noticeably increased. Found 1 in 18 months on Microsoft only, find one every few weeks on PC servers now that steam has had it a few months.

Steam and cheaters just go hand in hand. I dont understand how Rare did not see this coming. One game alone saw 4 million VAC banned accounts in the first 6 months of 2019.

i doubt a single game accounted for 4 million bans 4 million people playing is a hefty amount of players also counting for how many players are not cheating in the game

that game must have had a great deal of cheaters

also fun fact: premium cheats on steam tend to go unnoticed by vac so when valve decides to do some tidying they do it in waves i remember when over thousands of accounts on tf2 got banned for using lmaobox (aimbot and more)

these are accounts that are 1 day old 1 week old even 1 year old or older

we do not need to split playerbase over cheating however if cheating now became such a big problem they could invest in better anti cheats

Views
7 out of 8