{Suggestion} Supply vendor at 1-2 outposts

• Hello there fellow pirates I have a suggestion that every one I've seemed to ask said that it would be a good idea to add that idea is a supply vendor at just 1-2 outposts or all now this would entail a supply vendor that uses gold and would cost maybe upwards of 10k for a full sloop just regular stuff like 2 99 stacks of every thing but only bananas and regular cannon balls same for brig and galley but would cost maybe 5-10k more per ship because for me personally cosmetics don't intrigue me as much as they did when the game first came out and gold becomes useless quickly because quests don't cost much another thing is they could make this a PL(Pirate Legend) only thing as to make it more worth to become a PL(Pirate Legend) this is just food for thought and I think it would be really cool to be added and it can be any amount and for anyone or just PL(Pirate Legend) just to make the seas easier to traverse and to make PvP last a little longer and not be so tedious.

Views
    feedback
  • Not sure this is the way to go for a Currency sink in the game as it is something other than Skill and Experience setting you apart from a fresh Pirate out on the Seas (something Rare has been pretty clearly strong about as a stance). Those with the Currency for it would be able to turn themselves into an instant major threat every play session while those still working their way up would not be able to (and would now have to try and gather supplies up out on Seas where there are likely very stoked Ships just itching to cause problems).

I agree that it would be amazing to have some more Currency sinks in the game, but I understand why it isn't something easy to solve with the goal Rare has in mind for the game.

• @xxslowbugatixx this would make fights end faster because well i have a million coins and if i have the ability to buy all the stuff i need then i can kill crews that don't have the money to afford supplies alooot faster

this would benefit experienced crews alot more than it would benefit anyone else

• I agree there needs to be more things to spend coin on but not supplies that you can use in a fight on your ship, which currently is all of the supplies, so they would have to come out with new stuff that doesnt help you quest or pvp.

Cosmetics are becoming boring though, im no where close to unlocking even half the stuff but i dont plan on wearing it, nor buying it. so there is just nothing to spend my gold on.

• @xxslowbugatixx Before they increased the drop rate of the general supply crates and especially when you get them via the ghost fleets I may of been accepting of an ever increasing cost to a general resupply for specific levels of each barrel, but as it stands now you can get up to 400+ on everything in no time when you grab from the rowboats and barrels of plenty along the way using the supply crates.

I personally want to see a higher sink into the cosmetic side especially when it comes to captaincy updates where we get the option to not only name the ship when they get around to adding the option but to save cosmetic profiles to be the defualt and the option to buy more options like hull variants, captain quarters styles, lantern styles etc.

• @th3xr34p3r said in {Suggestion} Supply vendor at 1-2 outposts:

I personally want to see a higher sink into the cosmetic side especially when it comes to captaincy updates where we get the option to not only name the ship when they get around to adding the option but to save cosmetic profiles to be the defualt and the option to buy more options like hull variants, captain quarters styles, lantern styles etc.

I can agree for different stuff for your ship like hulls, rooms and things other then just more skins.

• @th3xr34p3r yes i agree but something like that dosnt excite me it makes me bored of the game because why spend time and resources on cosmetics instead of features and i get the whole theres separate departments for this type of stuff but to me we have enough cosmetics and to me with 9.45m gold i dont plan on buying anything i literally walk around in day 1 trousers and a kraken pegleg with a hunter sword and sea dog pistol because that's all that tickles my fancy for the cosmetics

• I use my cosmetics to roleplay. I think this is a good mindset to get more of the cosmetics, even if you don't really like them.

Do I play the part of a company emmisary trading various loot with other pirates for the loot I need?

Or do I sail as a Mercenary for hire, helping protect those in need (for a price)?

Or a Hunter, seeking revenge on behalf of others?

Or a Bilge Rat, just going wherever the wind takes me?

Or as an Admiral, ridding the Sea of nefarious Reapers?

I could be a snooty Aristocrat, taking only the best of loot - only the best for the best.

I could even be a Castaway, down on his rum and without a ship, rowing to and fro.

Perhaps, I could dress up as the Splashtail Monarch and protect the Sea from over-fishing?

...and oh so much more.

Even if you don't like a particular cosmetic set or appearance, there's plenty of ways that you can still apply them to make a statement about your intentions. 😉

• If you need supplies sail to the shores of gold.

You can get infinite supplies there if you bring a storage crate.

• @galactic-geek said in {Suggestion} Supply vendor at 1-2 outposts:

Do I play the part of a company emmisary trading various loot with other pirates for the loot I need?

Or do I sail as a Mercenary for hire, helping protect those in need (for a price)?
    Or a Hunter, seeking revenge on behalf of others?

Or a Bilge Rat, just going wherever the wind takes me?

Or as an Admiral, ridding the Sea of nefarious Reapers?

I could be a snooty Aristocrat, taking only the best of loot - only the best for the best.

Most ofthose kinda just involve PVPing everyone else lol. because thats all this game boils down to if you dont play with friends and explore islands.

• The artbook contains concept art for a general shop that was meant to house all the necessities for a voyage. I imagine supplies would've intended to be sold here. Maybe it'll come one day?

Views
feedback
10 out of 11