How do I play with other people in my household?

• Hello-
    I keep seeing posts from people saying that they were playing with their kid, or someone else in their household.

How do you do that?

I play on an XBoxOne, my son plays it on the computer. He logs into our Xbox account to access the game, but plays on a PC. Ive gone as far as making another Xbox account, but when we both sign in on to our separate machines, it says we have to pick one or the other.

Do we have to buy our own separate copies of the game?

Is it possible for two players to play off the same copy of the game at the same time, or is there something that other players are doing that Im missing?

Any advice or solutions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Views
  • On the computer, use the Win+G widgets, search for the other players' gamertag, and get them Friended. Do the equivalent on the Xbox. Once you are both friends, hopefully one or the other of you should be able to invite the other to their crew.

It's "hit-or-miss." I still can't invite one friend who is using the Microsoft version of the game (I'm on the steam version) and neither of them can invite me, so cross your fingers.

• Set the XBOX one as your “Home” System or Primary of the Account that owns Sea of Thieves.

Have him log into the PC as the main account.

The main account (the one that purchases and subscribes) always has access to the game.

ANY account has access to the main accounts purchases/subscriptions if they are playing on the “Home/Primary” system.

• Yea google for something like "Sea of Thieves Family Share". It's rather complicated, but it works (eventually).

Views
1 out of 4