Download stuck on Xbox PC App

• I repurchased the Game pass after a month of not using it and I had never uninstalled SOT during that time. I went to boot it up and it crashed on launch so I attempted to reinstall it, however its been getting stuck with no error codes only a few mb into the download. Found a bunch of older threads but no solutions are working. Please help!

Views
  • @xammy6196 Ah yes, Microsoft Store the worst game delivery platform out there. I'm pretty sure you are having the same issue I had (the skull briefly "flashes" then quits with no error code and/or doesn't actually redownload the game fully). If so, only one trick worked for me. Completely uninstall Sea of Thieves (uninstall Insiders version if you have that installed too). Conduct a WSreset and sign out of your Microsoft Store account, restart your computer, sign back into Microsoft Store and reinstall Sea of Thieves. All of that eventually got me back into the game (not kidding, I am serious about those steps)......but try rubbing your belly and patting your head too for good luck when dealing with Microsoft Store.

• @oran-of-urz Hi, Im not using Microsoft store I am using the Xbox app, wsreset seems to have no effect on it.

• @xammy6196 Will it let you sign out of the app? (and yes WSreset had no effect for me either without using in combination with those other steps)

• @oran-of-urz Tried this, didnt work. Thanks though. :(

Views
1 out of 5