Anyone have any tips on hunting ancient skellies?

• So anyone have tips on farming ancient skeletons? Like where have you most likely found em and best ways to get em to spawn?

Views
  • I've heard that they sometimes spawn better on big islands with a bigger crew but I honestly don't know if they're true

• Obviously more time on land gives you a better chance so stick to doing voyages and not doing a lot of sailing

anecdotally speaking from having quite a few spawn for me (I don't know exactly how many but I must be mid 20's by now)

larger islands spawn more for me in fact I don't recall ever having one spawn on a tiny island. I've only had 1 spawn on a fort.

more spawn within the first minute or two after making contact with land and right after accomplishing something for example I've had 3 spawn as I was carrying the new chest of vaults out of the vault meaning I would visit more islands rather than spend a long time on just one and accomplish things

Shores of Gold isn't typically a place I'd hunt but some have some good luck right have coming out of the cave which would play into my "right after accomplishing something"

Avoid cluttered areas stick to the beach and clear areas because when they spawn you have to find them and there have been a few I wasn't able to find in time because of heavy clutter/trees/rocks etc

Also if I remember right they always have spawned when no other skellies were around so keep the regular skelly population low. They may be mixed into the captain/guardian/master mix like a shrouded with megs just a very low percent to spawn that specific skelly I dunno.

Since the coins go to the entire crew you could have a crew of 3 or 4 and spread out if you wanted to get real serious about it but I don't think ancient skelly hunting is the way to look as it'll mostly be disappointing you might as well take my tips above and incorporate them into questing and commendation hunting then your time is always productive

It's mostly luck and my anecodotes may be completely useless for you but one thing that for sure helps is spending time in the game so play a lot have fun and enjoy the occasional ancient skelly spawn, it'll happen eventually

this one spawned the second I spawned into a open crew game

in general you want to avoid these type of areas because they are very easy to lose. 1 second more and I woulda lost this fella

• It's random. There's no technique. I have 4 sightings and 2 kills and I solo 90% of the time. Exposure is your best bet.

• As @PithyRumble mentioned, exposure/time playing is your main tip. I got most of mine from Arena matches (before the revamp when there was longer matches) oddly enough.

• @odessadreamin said in Anyone have any tips on hunting ancient skellies?:

So anyone have tips on farming ancient skeletons? Like where have you most likely found em and best ways to get em to spawn?

stay on an island for a long time or go to tributes peak (shores of gold) and that's were you can find some

• Theres no way to increase the spawn rate but if u just do lots of voyages ur going to be visiting more islands which = more chances to find them

Views
1 out of 7