Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition) - Best 'Vault of the Ancients' Screenshot! [RESULTS]

• Greetings, Pirates and Lubbers alike!
    Deckhand Lootin' Lizalaroo here!

As always, you pirates captured some cracking screenshots for this mission! It always makes it really difficult to pick the winners!
    Fortunately, I found a few more codes that need to be used up by some swarthy pirates, so this week there are 6 winners!

Lots were chosen from all the entries for this mission and the screenshots selected as winners were......

@SardonicSage792
    https://i.imgur.com/z87VjR8.png

@I-Chinok

@A-Wild-NO3OB

@testakleze

@NEON-iC0N
    https://imgur.com/cdZxi7s

@Lou-Enderdragon

Well done me mateys!

Please look out for a DM containing your codes! (These codes cannot be entered on Steam)

I’ll be back later with a new mission (after i've dug up a few more codes).....should you wish to accept it..... 😁

Lootin’ Lizalaroo

Views
  • congratz lol

• @lizalaroo

• congrats everyone!

thanks for hosting and rewarding another week

• @lizalaroo Neon Icons post isn't in a gold hoarder vault, that's a tall tale vault you can tell because it doesn't have any of the banners or the wooden platforms. surely that doesn't meet the Criteria. Idk if anyone else noticed this when looking through the entries.

• @frogfish12 The theme was Vault of the Ancients so anything that relates to the update is within the Criteria

• @EnderNinja01 Issue is that's a vault from a tall tale, and has almost nothing to do with the update. It is technically a Vault of the Ancients, but is not part of the update, which the contest is most likely referring to.

• @lizalaroo

Personally, I don’t like the pictures that were chosen this time. The trapmakers lair one is the only decent one in my opinion. I’m aware that so many pictures are put in randomly but some of the winning photos shouldn’t have been put in the randomizer. I’m aware that the Devs decision is permanent but the winners should have been the pictures that people actually put effort into. My favorite picture was the 2 pirates with the ashen winds skulls shooting fire.

• @enderninja01 yea but a tall tale vault isn't to do with the update. the fact that a vault is in the screenshot doesn't make it linked as its not part of the update, that's like saying its linked because its a gold hoarder vault therefore I'm going to take a screenshot with the gold hoarder and that's it. Neon's screenshot could literally have been taken months ago.

• In my opinion, the only original and nice ones are the Art of the trickster one and the character crushed one, cause the others are almost not related as the others post said or are just not original and too easy to make

• @frogfish12 @H2Jeu @mas3378 I thought you were talking about a different post and I didn't see that NeonIc0n's post was the tall tale one. I agree that picture has nothing to do with the update so it should not have won because it has nothing to do with the update.

• @H2Jeu easy screenshots are bound to win due to the randomiser, from what i can tell they select 3x the winner amount for the randomiser, this time being 18 chosen screenshots, there probably wasn't enough creative screenshots so easy screenshots also had to put in and they won via rng, same thing happened last comp which had some truly fantastic screenshots, none of which won due to this. i understand why they do randomiser because if you are looking to compete and see that there are some amazing screenshots it makes people not enter because they don't think they have a chance, so its a hard balance.

• In my opinion, the randomizer isn't the most fair method to choose the winners, because (i think) there are images that aren't in the top six and THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME. In my opinion, there are only two good pictures between them. It's starting to become unacceptable and unfair.

If a offended anyone, I'm sorry, I didn't want to.

• @frogfish12 @H2Jeu @D3CS1 We shouldn't be upset about the randomizer being able to choose screenshots that are easy to take. It can make it fair for those you can't get a really good screenshot although it does kind of suck for those who get amazing screenshots and still loose. What I'm upset about is the fact that a screenshot that doesn't fit the criteria won, in fact put in the randomizer at all when there were around 50 entries that at least were in the criteria given.

• The topics are up to interpretation, people -_-

• @neon-ic0n yours literally has nothing to do with the topic

• @enderninja01 ''It can make it fair for those you can't get a really good screenshot'' the entire point is to have a good screenshot, allowing players who don't have good screenshots to win over players with good screenshots doesn't make it fair, it makes the point completely arbitrary.

• @frogfish12 Fair enough but the point I was trying to get across is we shouldn't be arguing about the randomizer now but that a picture that has nothing to do with the criteria won when it shouldn't even have been put in the randomizer.

• @enderninja01 sounds good to me

• Vaults of the Ancients, operative word being vault

• @neon-ic0n If you take the title literally but that is stretching way, way to far. At the beginning of the post it says "I am back with your next mission.......lets see what you can come up with during your Wayfinder voyage!" referring to the new Gold Voyages that were added not the Tall Tales.

• Ahoy! Congratz greedy pirates! Another week full of nice pics!

• @frogfish12 But didn't you win the "Capture a cannonball" Contest? Which you did win without meeting the "criteria". Your dog in cannon picture, creative sure, but it didn't have anything to do with "capture a cannonball". Not saying that I don't agree with you, but both the example you are talking about and your winning wasn't exactly "fair".

• @mathemoto To his defense he did have two people holding a cannonball so he did Capture a Cannonball unlike the image in debate here where it has nothing to do with the update Vault of the Ancients.

• @mathemoto The event itself is Called “Capture a code” so I assume capture a cannonball is simply a way of saying best cannonball screenshot, the usage of the word capture meaning to take a picture of in the same way of the play on words in the name of the event. Capture a code both meaning capture as to secure a code (win) and also to tell people it means to capture a photo. In the events description it only says capture a cannonball and to be creative. I only recall seeing one person who’s entry was directly catching a cannonball which is creative in itself due to taking the wording of the theme to heart, by this logic literally nobody should have qualified for that event bar that one person.

If you do want to be that technical then putting a dog in a cannon and using it as a cannonball could be seen as capture as I highly doubt a dog would want to do that, also two people were holding cannonballs in their hands. The key difference between the two topics Is that one asks for an image with a cannonball, one asks for one to do with the update, it confirms this with the quote Ender noted about the way finder compass which specifically implies it’s the new update and it’s voyage.

• @enderninja01 said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition) - Best 'Vault of the Ancients' Screenshot! [RESULTS]:

@mathemoto To his defense he did have two people holding a cannonball so he did Capture a Cannonball unlike the image in debate here where it has nothing to do with the update Vault of the Ancients.

@frogfish12 said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition) - Best 'Vault of the Ancients' Screenshot! [RESULTS]:

@mathemoto The event itself is Called “Capture a code” so I assume capture a cannonball is simply a way of saying best cannonball screenshot, the usage of the word capture meaning to take a picture of in the same way of the play on words in the name of the event. Capture a code both meaning capture as to secure a code (win) and also to tell people it means to capture a photo. In the events description it only says capture a cannonball and to be creative. I only recall seeing one person who’s entry was directly catching a cannonball which is creative in itself due to taking the wording of the theme to heart, by this logic literally nobody should have qualified for that event bar that one person.

If you do want to be that technical then putting a dog in a cannon and using it as a cannonball could be seen as capture as I highly doubt a dog would want to do that, also two people were holding cannonballs in their hands. The key difference between the two topics Is that one asks for an image with a cannonball, one asks for one to do with the update, it confirms this with the quote Ender noted about the way finder compass which specifically implies it’s the new update and it’s voyage.

Fair enough.

• Goodness me I didn’t think such a simple competition could cause so much consternation :D lol
    This competition is a bit of fun, brought to you by me, a busy pirate mum who is NOT employed by Rare, but gives up her time every week to give away a few codes after the original comp was put on hold.
    As the last few weeks with multiple winners seem to be causing unrest in the pirate ranks, we’ll be back to one winner with no randomiser and I do not mind when entries have been taken as long as they are your own or you have permission to post them. If I slip up and someone wins by (what some might call) unfair means (I do actually have a life lol not spent looking though hundreds of screenshots every week :) ) please forgive me and I’ll try harder the following week.

I’m having a week off due to real life interfering but I’ll be back Monday 5th with your new mission....... should you choose to accept it.

A big thank you to everyone who participates!

• @lizalaroo Liz.. please.. you don't have to try harder, you already do so much and some people don't even realise that. If they didn't win, they need to move on.

After they see your post, I hope they can understand that you have a life as well and since you are not employed by Rare you have actually no obligation to do this, but you still do it because it's fun and you want to give something to this community.

• @lizalaroo

I believe the reason why winning this is so important to everyone is the fact that Rare is giving away the obsidian Capstan which is literally impossible to get any other way. If you gave it away in a twitch drop people wouldn’t be so sore about loosing.

As for the randomizer, the problem is putting pictures in the randomizer that aren’t creative or have nothing to do with the challenge. Anyone can take a screenshot of a chest. Organizing them to spell something or using the treasure to create a creative display deserve a chance to be in the randomizer.

I appreciate everything that you do and love these contests better than the official contests. People can actually have a chance to win. Guessing how many cannonballs were fired is just dumb luck guessing

• @coffeelight5545 I'm personally here for the Obsidian Six Pack.

• @mathemoto Im here for the capstan so lets do a tradeoff if I win I give you the 6 pack and keep the capstan and if you win you keep the 6 pack and give me the capstan. Ez for us lol.

• @lizalaroo I was going to give my opinion, but I decided not to avoid some people raging here. But I totally agree, imagine saying that from now on there will not exist any competitions or giveaways due to the negative feedbacks on every contest/post. Or that the competition is gonna be montly instead of weekly cause it takes a lot of effort to organize these kind of competitions.

I was bothered of seing so many people arguing and discussing about who actually desearve to win or not. The people complaining just want to get their codes and vanish from here. They will keep arguing and showing their concern until they claim it.

Ignore them you don't have to explain why someone won or was selected, neither if the result is randomized, just announce the winner and that's it... "good luck on the next competition!" lol

Keep up with the good "job". What you do to the community of this game is awesome!

• @lizalaroo Appreciate all that you do for our community :)

• @seaferon lol, sure deal!

Views
19 out of 36