Why can't we reattach our own emissary flags?

• If your ship sinks, but you manage to nab your own flag AND make it back to your own ship, why can't they be reattached without loss of tiers?

Views
  • Reattaching seems best idea. But they have to figure away to make sure the game knows the owner vs enemy player.

Meaning. Knowing when to allow it to be attached on owners ship and to be sold by enemy

I’m sure there needs to be a setup

• @burnbacon sagte in Why can't we reattach our own emissary flags?:

Reattaching seems best idea. But they have to figure away to make sure the game knows the owner vs enemy player.

Meaning. Knowing when to allow it to be attached on owners ship and to be sold by enemy

I’m sure there needs to be a setup

I don't think thats the problem...it even says that it's your flag...
    I thought first too, it would be a good feature...but I don't think that anymore
    It can be abused...just put all the supplies into a supply crate and all treasure on the rowboat as soon as you see a reaper coming at you...sink your ship and go on again when it's safe...

And by the way, the flag is leveled up so fast it's really not worthit...

Also what would happen if you take your rank IV flag and put up a new one from another faction to rank it up...theoreticly you could take a rank V flag of each faction with you...sell first the GH stuff, put down the flag, put up the OoS rank V flag, sell the skulls...

No, I'm against that idea...defend yourself or you lose your rank. Period.

• @ghost-of-rhyza encourages suicide runs even more where people keep coming at you until they get their flag back

• Hmm, you get sunk, you loose your flag. There should be a penalty for loosing messing up... a flag reset seems like a good punishment. Keep the system as it is.

• @Schwammlgott Just add a secondary feature where any one crew can only have a maximum of one flag. If you throw up another, you lose your first. Additionally, let the game recognize a sink vs a scuttle.

And technically, you can already do that row boat play. The only difference is added loot from flag tiers. But then, it's gold, which is for cosmetics only, so it's not like it changes anything in the long run.

@Captain-Fob4141 Hey, at least that would encourage PvP. I can go days without finding anybody willing to fire a volley

• I like this idea

• @ghost-of-rhyza sagte in Why can't we reattach our own emissary flags?:

@Schwammlgott Just add a secondary feature where any one crew can only have a maximum of one flag. If you throw up another, you lose your first. Additionally, let the game recognize a sink vs a scuttle.

And technically, you can already do that row boat play. The only difference is added loot from flag tiers. But then, it's gold, which is for cosmetics only, so it's not like it changes anything in the long run.

@Captain-Fob4141 Hey, at least that would encourage PvP. I can go days without finding anybody willing to fire a volley

Then you still can sink your ship (sink, not scuttle) and get away from hostile crews and put up the flag again when safe...

• I would propose a compromise. Allow the flag to be re-attached if you can retain it after being sunk, but have your tiers reset.

That would mean, you could carry on without going back to the outpost to get a new flag. However, picking up your floating loot and loading it back onto your ship should NOT instantly promote you through the tiers again. Only newly acquired loot should do that.

• @ghost-of-rhyza pvp is fine. People ramming you and dying 10 times in a row just gets old

• @burnbacon said in Why can't we reattach our own emissary flags?:

Reattaching seems best idea. But they have to figure away to make sure the game knows the owner vs enemy player.

It already does know. You'll be ridiculed by the Reapers for turning in your own flag and you only earn 1 gold for it.

The game already has systems in place for detecting and tracking ownership of items in the world, otherwise there would be no way to earn commendations for stolen loot.

• Yea like others said: It will be abused and people will scuttle before they get attacked....hide the flag....come back and reattach it.

So no to this.

• Maybe a tier drop and it wouldn't be OP.
    Imagine a discord keeping a galleon and alliance going, getting all flags level 5 and just putting up the flag you want with what loot you have.

• @dyfrin This makes a lot of sense, but I will point out -- The game knows which flags are yours. Why can't it use the same identification system that calls you a coward when turning in your sail to the Reaper's Bones to allow you to reattach it to your own ship (with a tier loss as there must be some punishment).

• @kestro250 said in Why can't we reattach our own emissary flags?:

@dyfrin This makes a lot of sense, but I will point out -- The game knows which flags are yours. Why can't it use the same identification system that calls you a coward when turning in your sail to the Reaper's Bones to allow you to reattach it to your own ship (with a tier loss as there must be some punishment).

Because currently, Reapers get enough grief from people who attack without emissary flags up in the first place, including revenge. It is also difficult to catch high grade flags as they usually finish and log off once they see you on the map before you find them.

So let’s say you can finally re-attach your flag. What do Reapers get if they successfully sink you a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time as you try to reclaim your flag? They getting instant gold and faction rep each time they sink you?

Don’t get me wrong, I know why people want to re-attach and it’s usually because you sank to PvE. That is only half the equation though. It is way harder to steal an emissary flag than it is to level one, trust me on that.

• You should use your broken flag as a bargaining chip or a way to make friends with other pirates 💯

Views
1 out of 16