Arena is so toxic

• Every single game I've played the last two days has had a super toxic crew. None of my crew wants to play it and I only want to play it to finish up the challenges, so I've had to do open crew. I'm already at a disadvantage there and then every single game there is always a crew who shouts hate speech, calls people names, kills you over and over again instantly with the blunderbuss to farm, attacks only afk ships to farm. It is awful. I don't know how anyone can play this normally. Some serious moderation or something needs to be done.
    At the very least, make it easier for people to report. This whole forum is really difficult to navigate. I couldn't find if there was an Arena specific discussion, and I couldn't find where to report people.

Views
  • Hello,

Please report the behavior so that it can be handled. Since this is not an MMO, we do not have game masters or individuals in game monitoring activity.

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000779227-How-to-report-a-player

• I'd like to tack on this to say - when I'm playing on Steam and someone chooses to hide their names, there is NO WAY to report them. My friends and I encountered a group of four on Arena and they were most definitely the highest tier of toxicity. I've never heard so many slurs in a single breath, yet when trying to open their account to report them, the game just... didn't. I don't know if this is a Steam, Windows 10/Xbox, or a crossplay issue but neither me or my 3 friends on Steam were able to report the team of 4 as they were all hiding their names.

• I always play solo unless I got a friend and I do fine going for vaults, or regular voyages, unless your talking about arena only? otherwise I will even solo a Galleon sometimes to trick people into thinking I have a bigger crew, didnt work out when a megalodon attacked and I got sunk but other then that it works ok.

• @elderterdkin Adventure is fine, Arena is full of toxic players though

• @kestro250 You can't hide your xboxlive GT.

And yes ARENA is and always has been garbage, im glad that im done with all the commendations for it because theres no way in hell im setting my foot innit ever again.

• @reapinglegion I beg to differ, there's an option to replace your name. Streamers often use it. Typically, when you go to other crews and hit show profile on the hidden name, it appears, showing the actual profile. In this instance however, thr game wouldn't let me or my crew open the profile.

• Mute all other crews voice, text chat. Boom, now it's like they are a bunch of aggressive AI with no monolog lines running around.

• @kestro250 said in Arena is so toxic:

@reapinglegion I beg to differ, there's an option to replace your name. Streamers often use it. Typically, when you go to other crews and hit show profile on the hidden name, it appears, showing the actual profile. In this instance however, thr game wouldn't let me or my crew open the profile.

Yes, that replaces the name of other players for the streamer (and their viewers); it shouldn't do anything on how you see their names (or names of others) or if you can see their profile.

If it isn't a privacy setting or such it may be a bug.

• @lem0n-curry its contained within hide other crews. The only bug was the profile not opening

@lem0n-curry its contained within hide other crews. The only bug was the profile not opening

Never paid attention to those settings (other than mute when there are obnoxious players around). I think Rare still should be able to find out who was in the lobby with you though. It may be more work (for you and for Rare), but may be worth it.

@reapinglegion I beg to differ, there's an option to replace your name. Streamers often use it. Typically, when you go to other crews and hit show profile on the hidden name, it appears, showing the actual profile. In this instance however, thr game wouldn't let me or my crew open the profile.

That only hides the names for you - everyone else who has this setting disabled will see your real gamertag. There is no way to prevent other players from seeing your real tag if they want to.

@kestro250 said in Arena is so toxic:

@lem0n-curry its contained within hide other crews. The only bug was the profile not opening

Im gonna try and explain how it works:

You are wrong, YOU can have that if you wanna hide it in case YOU stream. - It does NOT hide YOUR gamertag, others can still see it.
    Same goes if they have it on....the only one who cannot see others GT are themselfs.
    That's how it works, it's to prevent streamsniping for streamers.

So basically, you have "hide other peoples gamertag" on....and apparently your friends as well (dunno why if you're not streaming?), so neither you or your friends saw their real gamertag....while if you would have it OFF you would see their gamertag. (This dosen't hide your own GT when having it ON)
    I say it again: You or anyother cannot hide your GT even if you are on steam or not.

And that bug was probably a bug, the feed/page diden't load properly it seems....just restart your computer or that program and it should've shown. (Or use any other Xboxapp that's on the MS/Mobile Store)

• @reapinglegion Apologies, it must have been a bug then. Unless all four of them actually had the "hidden names" as their real names, they were hidden by this bug. I also wasn't able to open their profile towards the end of the game.

• It would be great if they took the pirate legend weapon commendation away from arena and put them into the regular game, I HATE arena (don't get me wrong I LOVE Pvp) yet I am glad that all the toxic players have a place to play

• @m4dkraut I hate Arena, But I disagree. It's an Arena Reward, not adventure. If they make it earnable in Adventure. NO ONE will play Arena. Arena isn't fun and the only reason people play is to get Legendary Sea Dog, or TDM. No it should stay in arena. But I believe they should make Arena good.

• @m4dkraut If they take it away from Arena then it's cheeseable by alliance servers this is the only reason Legendary Sea Dog is still hard to get and if you can't handle toxicity then mute other crews its not hard.

Views
1 out of 17