Winning Battles without Boarding - Fire is Good

• Fire continues to be one of my strongest openers in any sea-battle. I see almost no one use a cannon-shot firebomb...yet your ship will look like these after a few of them hit you.

And don't be fooled. It's a lot harder than you'd think for any crew to manage a fire while also getting hit with chainshot or, my new personal favorite, blunderbomb shots from a cannon.

Those things pretty much wreck any crew, letting the fire cook nice and good.

Views
  • People use firebombs in the cannons all the time

Outside of normal cannoning I'm typically more focused on hitting chainshots than using the firebombs but I'll send a few firebombs over if I have a gut feeling they are the types to keep kegs outside of sniper view.

• @wolfmanbush

I just love seeing a ship fully engulfed in flames. I wish the render distance was better for it.

• @idneon fire is just visually intimidating, but frankly it's not really a big threat. A single splash of water can get rid of multiple points and unless you got kegs on board takes way to long to properly emit pressure.

Chain shots and even blunderbombs have a far more impactful effect on the battle than a measly bit of fire.

Views
3 out of 4