An eventful short sail.

• My crew and I on a 3 man brig, yes they exist, had Just plundered a Vault of ancients on Krakens Fall. Having collected every chest and gathered most of the piles of gold the door slammed shut and we loaded our ship up with our spoils.

There were no ships on the horizon as we loaded our Brig with our haul and none still as we set sail south to Ancient Spire outpost. Our trip was not far but it was on the other side of a storm, the only foreseeable hardship on our Voyage ahead.

The moment we left the calm waters, into the open ocean we notice a large dorsal fin circling our boat, a meg, it attacked us biting our Port side. both my crewmates, very new sailors were knocked into the water and attempted to live long enough to have a mermaid return them to the ship.

I shot cannonfire at the megaladon, stopping another attack and fixed the holes in the ship. My crew were brought back and the meg eventually relented, just as we entered the storm. I tasked myself to bailing and repairing as one steered and the other merely played a song on his instrument.

As I was throwing water over the starboard side and the ship was rocked by titanic waves I saw a Skeletal galleon rise from the depths and start opening fire on us. I shouted letting my crew know, as we were buffeted by the intense storm it was difficult to aim, but I shot a few rounds into it.

This was when my crew mates said "what are you firing at?" they were on the port side firing at the other skeletal galleon.
    It now dawned on us we were in a 3 man brig, with a large hoard of treasure, in the middle of a storm, and fighting 2 skeleton ships that are now alongside us broadsiding us from both sides.

I call for one of my crew to help as both of us go to bail and repair, the third steered the ship amongst the waves that dwarfed even the galleons.
    We were cannoned off our deck multiple times, cursed to dance, anchored and had many visits to the sea of the damned. At one point the water neck high in our brig only just surviving. Our mast was struck by lightning or cannon, we didn't even know which under the constant bombardment. The skeletal ships eventually fell behind as our wood supplies dwindled and we eventually came out of the storm.

As the seas calmed wed noticed wed drifted west and were at barnacle cay, with 4 planks of wood remaining and no cannonballs left, we anchored.

Having replenished our supplies we set sail south east to ancient spire.
    The seas then darkened, an inky black, it seems fate did not want us to claim our spoils. As the ship ground to a halt I raised sail and told my less experienced crew to U-turn, we had some supplies but not enough for a Kraken fight.
    We managed to get out of the Krakens ink with little damage and sailed around it.

We eventually made it to the outpost with the rest of our journey uneventful, and unloaded our treasure.
    Everyone was thankful we made it, as everything short of another crew had come in the way of us cashing in our loot.
    So with the ship empty, and supplies ready, we decided one more voyage, a short one this time a simple chest find just to top off the night.
    At this point galleon came around the corner from our blind-spot and sunk our ship at the dock.

Exhausted, we called it a night.

Views
1 out of 1