Sea of Thieves in Project Spark

• New upload. Full walk through of the nearly complete pirate village. Thanks to all my viewers!

alt text

• @Lucid-Stew, what's the extent that a person can play or interact with the environment once everything is said and done?

• @CaptnJaq said in Sea of Thieves in Project Spark:

@Lucid-Stew, what's the extent that a person can play or interact with the environment once everything is said and done?

There are a lot of big "ifs" attached to the answer to that question. IF everything goes according to plan, and IF I can get it done before Sea of Thieves is actually released...

Really I can do anything you can think of that a AAA adventure game can do. It's just a matter of putting in the time to kode it. I plan two islands, each with a rival crew and village compliment(tavern staff, etc). I might have a few smaller uninhabited quest or treasure islands. There will be at least two ships. You will be able to take command of either, and sail them. They will be fully operational with extant SoT features(firing cannon, ship repair, etc.). Unfortunately online multi is no longer possible, but you will be able to recruit and retain a AI crew. There will be quests and treasure hunting. As Rare reveals more, I'll be able(hopefully) to mimic those features. The original goal was to mimic the E3 trailer from last year. Aside from the ship and some detail work, I pretty much have that. Now the goal is to mimic the actual gameplay seen so far, sans multiplayer of course.

• I would totally get back into PS if the win10 anniversary update hadnt messed up. Ive the program folder copied but no idea how to restore it back or get a shortcut to the main exe

• @Lucid-Stew Awesome!

• @ScoobyWRX555 said in Sea of Thieves in Project Spark:

I would totally get back into PS if the win10 anniversary update hadnt messed up. Ive the program folder copied but no idea how to restore it back or get a shortcut to the main exe

you might check out the SparkShare website at projectspark.ch

Psycho(runs the service and site) knows the ins and outs of getting PS to work when it normally doesn't.

• @Lucid-Stew thanks hope i can get my and others levels back I downloaded

• Very cool!

• The official Sea of Thieves Twitter account has let the world know about my YouTube series here
    W00t!
    Still working on this by the way, but was waiting to get my pirate ship finished before I updated the thread. However, I thought the pleasant surprise from Rare was worth a mention.

• Dude! This is awesome. Don't know how, but I never heard about project Spark until recently. Majorly bummed it's not available any more.

• It's been a while since I've updated. I'm hard at work on my pirate ship, which is taking about 3 times longer to build than I anticipated. I do have a pic of some work I've finished, along with some quick mockup sails and masts. I'll update again when the ship is completely finished.
    alt text

• @Lucid-Stew

That is looking awesome! Love the colours on the hull and the details at the bow!

• @KattTruewalker said in Sea of Thieves in Project Spark:

@Lucid-Stew

That is looking awesome! Love the colours on the hull and the details at the bow!

Thank you! t'wil improve. Needs better sails, cannon, a masthead, needs to be recolored...

This might be blasphemous, but I'm kind of hoping Rare is going for a holiday launch. :)

• I miss Project Spark... and even the mocap hilarity of watching my nephews make animations using the Kinect xD

• @Lucid-Stew Wow! Incredible work! All that time was definitely worth it :)

• @Lucid-Stew Props to you great job!

• This is awesome. Doing it in Minecraft would be fun too.

• Still working on this. I wanted to update with a few pics. I SHOULD be done with the ship before May.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Lucid-Stew:
    a birthday gift for teddy? :)

..side note..
    i love your creations. they're always so beautiful. i'm glad that i subscribed :')

• Hey everybody... I have a new, short video up which shows the ship's idle motion. I'd like to get some feedback on the idle and if it needs any improvement. This is my best ship motion yet, but still far, far from a simulation.

SoT in PS Ship Motion

• @Lucid-Stew:

i hope you don't mind that i answered him. it just seemed random that he would drop that question.

@Lucid-Stew:

i hope you don't mind that i answered him. it just seemed random that he would drop that question.

not at all. I had no idea what time the alpha play session started in Australia. :D

• Yo!! It's Lucid haha. Ahh, how I miss Project Spark. Still, it was always more fun messing with the engine to see what was possible, and why do it myself when I can mooch off the hard work of others haha. Still killing it, I see!

• @Cyrribrae said in Sea of Thieves in Project Spark:

Yo!! It's Lucid haha. Ahh, how I miss Project Spark. Still, it was always more fun messing with the engine to see what was possible, and why do it myself when I can mooch off the hard work of others haha. Still killing it, I see!

If you look hard enough, you might find ST Aabra around here somewhere, too. :)

• CONTEST! Check out my newest episode of Sea of Thieves in Project Spark, and name the ship. If your ship name is one of the two best, your Gamertag will go above the head of one of the two player pirates featured in my E3 2015 teaser trailer remake.
    alt text

• @Lucid-Stew looking good! Added my ship name too.

• @Lucid-Stew

Looks absolutely fabulous!

• i saw the thumbnail. is it ready to sail?

i saw the thumbnail. is it ready to sail?

It would be easy for me to plug in some coding I'd done previous on ship control, but this varies slightly from SoT's 1st person perspective. Any work on making this into something resembling a game will have to wait until I have the E3 2015 trailer remade. Things are going to be quite hectic for me this month, so I wouldn't expect to see anything like that until July, probably.

• It maybe 2late but how bout "SHiP⁴BRAiNZ" p.s i ²miss project spark and wish som1 would take it bck up 😀 and i loved following ur work @Lucid-Stew 👍

• @ONE-EY3D-WlllY said in Sea of Thieves in Project Spark:

It maybe 2late but how bout "SHiP⁴BRAiNZ" p.s i ²miss project spark and wish som1 would take it bck up 😀 and i loved following ur work @Lucid-Stew 👍

Still plenty of time. Also, I made a mistake. There are THREE named players in the E3 2015 trailer, so top 3 in the contest make it into the video, not top 2.

• Still at it. There's a new video up. I'm going to keep working on this until I get the first part of the E3 2015 trailer done. I'll announce the winners of the ship naming contest in the next video since submissions finally ceased.
    Sea of Thieves in Project Spark - waves

• @Lucid-Stew Nice work! The wave generator is very neat. I know we all are still cheering you on :)

• Regretfully, this project has come to an end. For those not familiar with the story, Microsoft cancelled Project Spark, shut down its servers and stopped support last year. I have been using Project Spark on the same PC since 2014. I recently purchased a new computer so I could learn UE4 and make games with it. I Also did this because my old computer has been a broken mess since MS upgraded me to Windows 10 without my permission. Unfortunately this new computer has a problem with Project Spark, and will not run it. Equally unfortunately, as of today, my old computer ALSO has a problem with Project Spark, and will not run it. While it is still possible to use PS on my Xbox One, none of my Sea of Thieves content is accessible to my XB1, and completely rebuilding it at this point would be silly. So, sadly, my remake of the E3 2015 trailer will not come to pass. But that's not all bad. I'll probably do some cool stuff in UE4 and I'm likely going to pick up Planet Coaster in August, and will do some piratey content for that. And fingers crossed, I'll get in on a SoT alpha session one of these days. ;)

• @Lucid-Stew Ach..that's sad news about Project Spark, but as you say, you'll be able to use that experience and knowledge to go on to bigger and better things with Unity!

Views
56 out of 74