Pirate times submission? We commandeer a new players ship to haul stronghold barrels from FotD.

• Full and unedited video of the story

This story is probably better told from the perspective of the new player. Us older players were honestly just kind of beating up on the new guy, but for the new guy, we drug him through a grand adventure that he, otherwise, would have no hope of seeing within his first few hours of gameplay.

So I'll try to tell it from his point of view:

I had just arrived in the Sea of Thieves, and was on my first voyage for the Gold Hoarders. As I wandered around the island, lost, I hadn't even noticed a sloop pull up next to mine. By the time I did notice it was basically too late. My mast was down, and their sloop was parked next to mine in a position that left them able to broadside me, but gave me no hope of firing a cannon at them.

I was carrying a skull I had taken off of a captain on the island, when I saw them, I immediately dropped it and ran toward my ship. I could hear one of them screaming through their speaking trumpet. "Do not shoot at me!" He said.

There were two pirates. One was quieter than the other one who seemed to like to show me how to sail my ship. The quiet one proudly let me know that he had robbed me blind of all the wood, food, and cannonballs I had on my ship. He noted that it was my payment for his time, seeing as I didn't have any treasure.

Then they asked me to join in alliance with them. When they showed me how to raise the proper flags, he promptly knocked my mast over and fired on my ship, before boarding me again and sending me to the ferry. By the time I had gotten back to my ship, I was at a new unknown island, and the pirates were no where to be seen. What just happened? I thought.

I went about my day heading back to wanderer's refuge to complete the voyage I was on. Before I ever got there I could see their sails on the horizon headed toward me. Out of fear of death and sinkage again I turned toward Wanderer's Refuge with haste.

They were better sailors than me, and eventually caught up. I could hear them again saying "Anchor your ship!" Knowing that I couldn't beat them in a fight, I complied with their order and anchored. The nicer one boarded me, and the quiet one sailed away.

It was explained to me that they were going to awaken the Fort of the Damned and they wanted me to come with them. The pirate manned my helm and sailed me toward the fort following his brethren. I simply complied. When we arrived, the quiet one boarded me and, as he said, "had a conversation with me." I wasn't allowed to touch barrels, move my ship into a position that put his under my guns, and most importantly, wasn't allowed to take any of the treasure. The treasure was his. Because we were in alliance, I would be paid for my share - I just couldn't sell any myself.

"I'm happy with that." I said.

Then they showed me how to complete the ceremony to awaken the fort. It involved lighting lanterns of different colors that they had previously gathered and finally putting a ritual skull on the head of a caged skeleton. Once this happened, the fort awakened and we began battling the skeletons that had started climbing out of the ground.

The fighting went on and on with the quiet one constantly checking the horizon and the nicer one constantly telling me what color lantern I should have. These skeletons were shadow skeletons that could only be made vulnerable by a specific colored lantern light. If you tried so slice 'em with your sword otherwise, your sword simply flew through them, not dealing any damage. Finally, the boss appeared and I was ordered to go back down to my ship and man my cannons. I watched the quiet one start beating on him with his sword as I ran for my ship.

On my way back to my ship, I noticed an explosive barrel. I picked it up - the thought had crossed my mind to load it onto their ship and take the treasure for myself. However, the quiet one caught me and exclaimed "What are you doing with that barrel, bro?! Don't even touch them." Then he picked it up himself and moved it somewhere he deemed more safe.

Then we fired cannon shot after cannon shot at the Fort of the Damned hoping to kill this undead skeleton monstrosity before us. Things went fairly smooth and he died, dropping his key to the forts treasure vault.

I was told to get on my crows nest and watch for incoming "bad guys" while they loaded up the treasure. Once they had all their treasure loaded, they told me I could start loading the stronghold barrels onto my ship. Which I diligently did. I thought they wouldn't purposefully make them explode, as they could simply outperform me in any fight we would have. Besides, they didn't feel the barrels were safe on their ship, and if I got them to the hideout on mine, they'd get some extra coin they wouldn't have got without me. They needed me.

We sailed to the Reapers Hideout to sell our loot. I made over one hundred thousand gold after everything was said and done. Much more than the 2000 coin I already had. I was pretty excited about what I was going to buy with it. Finally I was told to wait in my crows nest and watch the horizon while they sold. I found a stronghold barrel up there. At some point, the quiet one had hidden it up there incase he needed to dispatch me quickly. What a pirate. I thought I saw him aiming his rifle at my sails at one point.

"You forgot to tell me about the barrel in my crows nest." I said.

He replied: "I didn't forget nothin.'"

After everything was sold, the quiet one promptly sent me back to the ferry and when I was finally able to get back to my ship, I wasn't in alliance and the pirates had sailed off into the distance.

The piratiest pirate experience I can think of.

Views
  • If the other dude had told this story... I think he would have worded it differently lol.

• An this is what's wrong with Sea of Thieves

• What a wondrous tale of humiliation and abuse! Well done you. Astonishing you are proud enough of your shameful antics to broadcast. An experience less "piratey" and more lame jock. I do so hope to see you on the seas... at the bottom in a boat full of my crew's spent cannonballs.

Views
1 out of 4