So you want PVE only huh? Try this!

• This game is a PVEVP.
    Won't ever change and that's great.
    I love pvp and pve but I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't come here for the ship combat, I certainly did.

But what if you are one of those pirates who want to sail pirate infested waters without fear of pirates eh?

Simple..

Sail a brigantine.

You can do it solo.
    Your biggest threat is the kraken and skelly Galleons

Anchor ball a skelly Galleon once and you are free from them

U-turn from kraken and you are away from it.

Now you can sail and hoard gold in a very relaxed manner. Unless its another brigantine! But even so, you both go so fast, you can easily lose them too with a anchor ball too.
    It's unlikely you'll be chased often be brigantines. I say this because it's mostly sloops that have chased me in a period of over 6 months and only. 2 ships in those 6 months kept chasing and even then I did eventually lose them.

Now to perfect your PVE dream you need to learn how to sail and get comfortable with your brigantine.

This took me as a newbie, 1 week.
    An uncomfortable week but it suddenly clicks and its actually pretty easy.

Now what you need to do is learn sail speeds so YouTube it or ask around here. Then get comfortable with it.

Try it.

I can guarantee you will find the seas much easier and you'll also be travelling a lot faster.

There doesn't need to be a PVE server. You just need a ship that gives you the speed to sail away.

It works. Give it a go.

Views
  • I've done it plenty but I'd still say mastering sailing a sloop alone is far preferable to one man'ing a brig

Skilled maneuvering is better than speed alone imo and certainly less of a hassle

• @daringclarky

Just go to the devils roar? Pretty much PvE heaven.

• @wolfmanbush said in So you want PVE only huh? Try this!:

I've done it plenty but I'd still say mastering sailing a sloop alone is far preferable to one man'ing a brig

Skilled maneuvering is better than speed alone imo and certainly less of a hassle

You make a good point.
    However, most ships that have chased me are other sloops and you can't outrun a sloop in a sloop. Not by much anyways. Unless you lure them past morrows peak and grab a shroud breaker. So in those cases you gotta fight or keg or something. You can keep them at bay hut they always on you.

The speed from the brigantine gets rid of endless chasing as you can pretty much blast away. I've got enough distance to even park at an island, sell some loot then blast away to the next outpost before the sloop got close.

Only the most dedicated and committed sloop crew will keep chasing and even then, you can just sail past another ship and they'll likely just go for the easier target... Unless they're insane! Haha.

That's why I never taunt other ships. Because if they are committed they can remain on your scent. However, an opportunistic and smart pirate will always choose the target that creates the least amount of hassle.

• @cotu42 said in So you want PVE only huh? Try this!:

@daringclarky

That works too. But the devil's roar is a pain for some. Why restrict yourself to a small corner of the map when you can sail it all in relative ease?

• @daringclarky said in So you want PVE only huh? Try this!:

@cotu42 said in So you want PVE only huh? Try this!:

@daringclarky

That works too. But the devil's roar is a pain for some. Why restrict yourself to a small corner of the map when you can sail it all in relative ease?

What a PvE challenge is not what PvE people seek? 🙄

@daringclarky said in So you want PVE only huh? Try this!:

@cotu42 said in So you want PVE only huh? Try this!:

@daringclarky

What a PvE challenge is not what PvE people seek? 🙄

Is there something wrong with my suggestion?
    What barriers are there that you seem to see that i do not?

Sailing a sloop was hard at first but not that much harder than a brigantine.

• @daringclarky

A brigantine or sloop both are easy to avoid PvP encounters with. The whole ability to avoid PvP fights is based on awareness, your decision making and sailing ability, they have nothing to do with the ship of choice. Fleeing is a PvP activity, it denies you access to the section of the map you want to be at and therefore is not a PvE only experience.

You state that the devils roar is a pain, for those that seek a PvE experience it should be what they want.. it is the most safe zone for never encountering others for those that do not want to engage in PvP activities and provides a PvE challenge for a greater reward.

@daringclarky

A brigantine or sloop both are easy to avoid PvP encounters with. The whole ability to avoid PvP fights is based on awareness, your decision making and sailing ability, they have nothing to do with the ship of choice. Fleeing is a PvP activity, it denies you access to the section of the map you want to be at and therefore is not a PvE only experience.

You state that the devils roar is a pain, for those that seek a PvE experience it should be what they want.. it is the most safe zone for never encountering others for those that do not want to engage in PvP activities and provides a PvE challenge for a greater reward.

I agree with you in your logic.
    For the record i am not advocating PVE in the slightest. Im just sharing my knowledge of the brigantine and its potential uses.

However you must surely be aware that its much easier to escape a sloop in a brigantine. So much so you can take full advantage of that situation. That must be the case because i do all the time, im good at the game but nowhere near exceptional so anybody can do what i can do. it cant be coincidence when its easily repeated. Im just sharing a brigantine tactic that can benefit others.

For those PVE try hards that hate a prolonged chase the brigantine is a good option.

Its also pretty good for solo pvp if you treat your brig as a mothership that you hide away and a rowboat as your fighter.

So my suggestion is entirely viable and ive proved it by actually using it as described.

You arent wrong in your logic, but you must also understand there is more than 1 way to achieve the same goal.

Your way works well too but lets be honest, half of the people crying out for PVE only are noobs, If they used their spyglass they wouldnt find PVP an issue to begin with.

All they gotta do with a brigantine is turn their ship into cross winds and they’ll escape anyone but the most committed and dedicated ship crew.

• @daringclarky

A brig can escape a sloop easier, yet will struggle more quickly against other brigs as you will be slower with making adjustments. While a sloop can easily loop them... a galleon can also easily out run a sloop even as a solo captain.

Additionally the mothership idea only works if you can avoid the others from targeting your mothership.

A brigantine is a viable option for solos, but when it comes to actually entering a PvP situation where you don't outclass your opponents then a sloop is simply better in my view.

If you simply want to run and want to PvE... it might even be great to solo galleon in the roar, makes sitting out volcano activity pretty easy and simply run with the wind.

@daringclarky

A brig can escape a sloop easier, yet will struggle more quickly against other brigs as you will be slower with making adjustments. While a sloop can easily loop them... a galleon can also easily out run a sloop even as a solo captain.

Additionally the mothership idea only works if you can avoid the others from targeting your mothership.

A brigantine is a viable option for solos, but when it comes to actually entering a PvP situation where you don't outclass your opponents then a sloop is simply better in my view.

If you simply want to run and want to PvE... it might even be great to solo galleon in the roar, makes sitting out volcano activity pretty easy and simply run with the wind.

The reason i mentioned using the brigantine is mainly due to the majority of ships being sloops.

An unskilled pirate can sail a brigantine into cross winds and escape easier. Another brigantine can be evaded too if you throw anchorball or even weaving between islands.

Im just sharing my love for he brigantine and urging people to try it before they make yet another pve only server request post.

Regarding pvp, you are much better off in a sloop yes. But its about running away which is why i suggest brigantine.

However the ship that is far superior in pvp than all the ships is the rowboat. Ive sunk more ships with stealth than any direct conflict.

Good thing is though this game is simply a sand pit where you can do the same thing many times over.

Not gonna lie though i hate the devils roar.
    It takes too long for volcanoes to stop spewing magma and the loot doesnt really justify the effort.

• @cotu42

My thoughts exactly. This all makes me curious as to when combat is necessary or would help in making escape. How many holes can a brigantine or galleon actually take before a solo captain is unable to perform repairs alone?

I'm sure the information is in a YT video somewhere. However if I am being honest, at this moment I am too lazy to search for one.

Views
11 out of 12