Destroy Skelly Galleons as a Solo brigantine with ease!

• When you think of sailing solo the obvious choice is the sloop and you would be right to choose this.

However, I have found that the solo Brigantine is the ultimate skeleton ship hunter, allowing you to dispatch the galleons easier than a solo sloop. Sounds bizarre right?! But this is something i discovered myself and has never failed me.

Step 1)
    Find your target.
    You travel fastest cross winds so have both sails angled full left or right lock depending on where you wanna go. Just fly down the map as quick as possible and you will soon see your PVE foe

Step 2)

Upon approaching your skeleton galleon, give it a quick broadside then do a full left or right lock depending on which angle your sails are. Make sure the sails are angled to where you get an occasional puff of wind to throw you around the corner.

Step 3) Take some punishment.
    The initial start of the battle you will be within their cannons. Focus more on repairing than firing back and have faith.
    Eventually the galleon will be behind you chasing and unable to hit you and you unable to hit it back. You may slam into the ship a few times and so on, dont panic if you do you’re simply a boxer hugging it out for a breather. This is when it becomes showtime and you are ready to fight back.

Step 4) Hit them without being hit back!
    As they are chasing you like the npc noobs they are, simply put your back sail down a little. Your turning circle will increase allowing you to pepper their ship whilst remaining out of their range.
    Note however you will drift into their range eventually if this turning circle isnt loosened, so to maintain your advantage, lower the sails back to how they were. Repeat this until it is sunk.

Step 6) ????????

Step 7) Profit!

After a few times you will perfect this technique and actually be able to take on fleets this way. Its actually easier than a sloop fleet battle if you dont hug the boulders.

With a fleet you may need to occasionally leave to repair if you get an unlucky double galleon broadside, however the principle is the same and works as described.

Given the brigantines speed it makes it the perfect skelly hunting vessel able to locate targets much quicker than the sloopiest sloop captain.

Give it a try and let me know your success.

Views
  • It gets even easier and more disappointing.....

The brigantine hit box is built in such a way that if you let the skelly galleon chase you astern and you let them creep on your broadside. Then turn into them with a good but gentle constant turn.

The Brigantine will constantly put holes below the skelly water line.

You will OCCASSIONALLY take holes..

But it's more than enough manageable by a solo person repairing.

The constant turning keeps you locked against the skelly so they cant shoot you because brigantines are lower than Galleon gundecks.

Also you sometimes get good wave to shoot them below waterline.

• @idneon Lowering and raising the back sail with full left lock whilst being crept upon, you can avoid taking any damage at all!

All damage you take is whilst waiting for skelly galleon to get into position :).

You are correct, its definitely manageable.
    I sail solo brigs when hunting pve threats except kraken.

Trying to figure out how to tackle ghost fleets now :)

• If you get hit by a cursed cannon ball, especially a sleep ball you are screwed

• @daringclarky

With either ship you can easily manage to slow down enough to prevent being broadsided and just hang around their rear end going back and forth landing shots.

A single cannon, is a single cannon... I truly don't think that there is much difference between the two.

Rock hugging is the boring way to fight a skeleton ship. Yet the skeleton fleets have been nerfed hard.

The only benefit a brigantine has is getting to the cloud quicker... in the fight it really isn't that much of a difference.

• @qu1etone said in Destroy Skelly Galleons as a Solo brigantine with ease!:

If you get hit by a cursed cannon ball, especially a sleep ball you are screwed

Not always. But yes it is worrying. I hate cursed cbs when solo brigging. Id take sleep balls over anchor balls any day.

I got hit by anchorball. Sooner you get that anchor up the less likely you are to sink. You have time to deal with it though and you take fewer hits than a sloop as you are flying fast speed for half your turning circle.

• @cotu42 said in Destroy Skelly Galleons as a Solo brigantine with ease!:

@daringclarky

With either ship you can easily manage to slow down enough to prevent being broadsided and just hang around their rear end going back and forth landing shots.

A single cannon, is a single cannon... I truly don't think that there is much difference between the two.

Rock hugging is the boring way to fight a skeleton ship. Yet the skeleton fleets have been nerfed hard.

The only benefit a brigantine has is getting to the cloud quicker... in the fight it really isn't that much of a difference.

I find the brigantine so much more enjoyable to sail solo than a sloop.
    I think its because ive sailed the sloop so much im bored of it. Also actually a thrill going full speed sometimes. I’ll leave my pvp encounters to rowboat keg only with the brigantine haha.

• @daringclarky I guess the clues in your name but you're a braver pirate than I. I sail with an experienced crew and we have in the past been sunk (full crew on a brig) by a skelly galleon. It was a well over a year ago and ships have been nerfed a lot since then. But it was funny as hell. Trying to bail and constantly vomiting into your own bucket, your crew members faces and thier buckets. Fun times. (I have a video of this but I dont know how to share vids on here.) Now days you can sink a skelly sloop without a single shot in retaliation.

• @daringclarky stop giving away my secrets for free T_T

• @qu1etone said in Destroy Skelly Galleons as a Solo brigantine with ease!:

@daringclarky I guess the clues in your name but you're a braver pirate than I. I sail with an experienced crew and we have in the past been sunk (full crew on a brig) by a skelly galleon. It was a well over a year ago and ships have been nerfed a lot since then. But it was funny as hell. Trying to bail and constantly vomiting into your own bucket, your crew members faces and thier buckets. Fun times. (I have a video of this but I dont know how to share vids on here.) Now days you can sink a skelly sloop without a single shot in retaliation.

I remember those nerfs well.
    They used to fire endless cursed sleep balls and you never were able to stand up! haha.

Whenever i see a post about OP skelly galleons on the forum i think back to the way they used to be and think “Man, you guys have it good!! Should of seen them back a year ago!”

• @daringclarky said in Destroy Skelly Galleons as a Solo brigantine with ease!:

@idneon Lowering and raising the back sail with full left lock whilst being crept upon, you can avoid taking any damage at all!

All damage you take is whilst waiting for skelly galleon to get into position :).

You are correct, its definitely manageable.
    I sail solo brigs when hunting pve threats except kraken.

Trying to figure out how to tackle ghost fleets now :)

Ghost fleet you sail into the "donut", and then park. Just raise sails as coming into the donut of ghost ships. Dont anchor.

If your broad side faces the approaching ships they won't even get a.shot off.

It's really sad actually...but even if they do shoot you it's very manageable since you can generally kill all the approaching hazards with 9 shots.

• @idneon That is genius thank you.

You’re a legend. ❤️

Views
11 out of 12