Does SoT record your audio in any way?

• I went on to play with a friend (i use ingame chat and text to speech, and he talks to me through discord), and whenever he talked loudly his voice would play through my ingame chat. I've checked through all my settings, nothing is recording, nothing is playing, my actual mic is off, and it only happens on sea of thieves. Doesnt happen on discord, or any other game. This should not happen, but it does.

Views
    general
  • @bennythebanana Ahoy matey!

Sea of Thieves does not record your in game audio any more than Discord does...

I would suggest the issue lies at your friends side, get them to check how they are routing their audio and if they have push to talk enabled.

• You sure he wasn't accidentally using PTT in game? Or maybe it was proximity chat or sensitivity thing?

• @musicmee @Vin-The-Rat It was coming from my chat input. Also, yes, he did have push to talk enabled, but he wasnt talking ingame. I even had the thing up top saying that im currently talking ingame, and he confirmed it saying he could hear himself.

• @bennythebanana said in Does SoT record your audio in any way?:

@musicmee @Vin-The-Rat It was coming from my chat input. Also, yes, he did have push to talk enabled, but he wasnt talking ingame. I even had the thing up top saying that im currently talking ingame, and he confirmed it saying he could hear himself.

Weird

• Could be an issue server side, to be fair. Any audio would be passed to the server to then be filtered out to the people who should be receiving the audio. It is possible that the server is processing the audio incorrectly for some strange reason.

I'd probably kick a Support Ticket in on it, as they should be able to give you some steps to try to make sure it isn't anything on your end or your crew member's side.

• I've had issues like this before but not with SoT. iirc, it was a combination of Discord and computer settings. I'd look into it outside the forums as it seems like this problem is different for different people.

I fixed my issue with changing around my audio and playback settings, I also hear that turning on echo cancellation in your microphone settings helps too.

Views
general
1 out of 7