We need content for game

• The game lacks content:

• wild boars, turtles and other animals
    • few weapons (crossbow, bow, swivel cannon - although this can harm the balance, but the crossbow and the bow could be added)
    • the ability to put a cannon in front or behind the ship (it is weak, let it shoot some weak shells)
    • interaction with the ropes, why you can't walk or crawl on the rope (when you shoot with a harpoon) ?
    • the underwater world is too boring, you can add animals and vegetation
    • outposts need to be revived, all outposts are similar to each other
    • add forts (stone castles with cannons, for example, in the outpost)
    • new shells for ship cannons (for example: buckshot)
    • many complain about awful sword fighting
    • why isn't a barrel of gunpowder given in the arena? (I think one barrel will not hurt)
      I love what you do, the game is great, but not much content. I will wait for new mechanics. Thank.
    Views
    feedback
  • @fewartdragon '
    my thoughts

1. would be cool but would not have large inpact after few weaks.
    2. like you sayed ballancing would take some time that could be used to make somethink game really needs, still cool idea, maeby some day :)
    3. would somewhat take skill from ship combat, now you can only shoot from side of you're ships making so you have to use brain when fighting some one and not just shooting them no matter where they are
    4. would be cool tbh
      5.would make game run worse, specialy on xbox one and you're not supposed to swim to bottom of ocean in middle of nowhere
    5. outposts are supposed to be similar so it would be easy to navigate through them
    6. why fortifie op:s? also we already have forts in game
    7. would be cool thb
    8. takes a lot of time to do and i bet they are working on it.... atleast i hope so
    9. good question might be cool
  • @limend

1. Islands will become more alive, wild boars will attack people.
    2. :)
    3. I mean, the cannon cannot harm the ship
    4. :)
    5. Perhaps you are right, but still, you could slightly modify.
    6. I mean, what if we revive the cities (add something, maybe buildings, I don't know).
    7. I mean, stone castles with guns
    8. :)
    9. We need that
    10. :)
  • Love your ideas, but...

@fewartdragon said in We need content for game:

• the ability to put a cannon in front or behind the ship (it is weak, let it shoot some weak shells)

I don't really see the need for that. I think it will unbalance the game.

• @targasbr
    yeah, maybe

• My thoughts:
    1- Wild life NEEDS to be expanded further more, more types of fish, sharks, birds, adding whales, dolphins, bears, boars, tigers... There are a lot of animals that would fit the SoT islands and seas perfectly. And make a system where you can get a pet for free, maybe only once per character? Like taming a dog or a cat. Paying 5€ for a pet feels a bit scammy

2- More weapons is also something I would like to see, although it would take devs lot of time to balance, but as another idea, they could make a test server to (test xD) upcoming changes and ideas with testers and recieve the feedback they need. Actually a lot of games are adding this type of servers since it helps devs a lot.

3- Add more landmass, I mean SoT it's a game about ships and pirate adventures, but I would love to see some greater landmasses, maybe a central City port with lots of stores? Also bringing to the game more land "related" content, more thant just looking for treasures in the sand or killing some generic skeletons.

4- Make PVP fights more realistic, I hate having to fight against a non stopping jumping shooter yelling some insults in russian to me. Make bodies feel more realistic, heavier, and slower. Making jump just an addition to pvp and not the main strategy

5-Add more players per server and more players per ship, the ships feels like it they were designed for more people, 4 per galleon with 8 cannons? Really Rare? My perfect setup will be 3-4 in the smallest ship, 5-6 in the medium ship and 7-8 in the galleon. Also it would prevent players like me (with more than 3 friends with SoT) making the hard decision to decide with wich friends I will play tonight

6- Make real dungeons, caverns and puzzles, not just puzzles you can complete by looking at a piece of paper for 2 seconds. Also, more types of enemies and adventures, since the ones that we can play looks great but repetive.

I know that almost all I have said here will not be taken into account by the devs, Im just saying some changes I consider vitals to keep me and my friends playing in the next months, and probably more players thinks the same.

• @jazzerjavi007
    Well done, I agree with you :)

• @fewartdragon said in We need content for game:

• few weapons (crossbow, bow, swivel cannon - although this can harm the balance, but the crossbow and the bow could be added)

Crossbow or a regular bow wouldn't be significantly different from the ranged weapons we already have. They also aren't really weapons people associate with pirates; sure they might have still seen some use where firearms couldn't be used, but firearms are more what fits the genre.

I don't personally think we need more weapons, we just need a sword redesign. The guns are all working fine other than bad hitreg.

Part of the difficulty of not having chase cannons is getting good cannon angles; forward facing cannons pose too many game-changing balance issues IMO. A swivel gun that only does tier-1 holes or 50% direct hit player damage but uses normal cannonballs as a resource tradeoff MAYBE, but definitely not a full-use cannon that can shoot anything.

• interaction with the ropes, why you can't walk or crawl on the rope (when you shoot with a harpoon) ?

Because harpoons are really easily breakable and most of the time you'd fall in the water. We have the ability to shoot ourselves out of a cannon instead.

• the underwater world is too boring, you can add animals and vegetation

Could be cool.

• outposts need to be revived, all outposts are similar to each other

That's kind-of the point. They each offer the same basic services but have their own layout and aesthetic. They all have unique decorations and player imortalizations as well as most of them being the start of a different tall tale. I'm not sure what more you would want.

• add forts (stone castles with cannons, for example, in the outpost)

Cannons on an outpost are not a good idea for obvious outpost camping reasons.

• new shells for ship cannons (for example: buckshot)

Shoot a blunderbomb out of your cannon, there's your buckshot. We have enough tools here, and just this year they've added 6 new shootables. (Firebombs, Blunderbombs, Chainshot, and all 3 phantom cannonballs)

• many complain about awful sword fighting

Agreed, the sword needs a full redesign.

• why isn't a barrel of gunpowder given in the arena? (I think one barrel will not hurt)

Terrible idea. Your boat spawns with a keg, someone boards early and sinks you with your own keg. Skilled players almost always stop carrying kegs for a reason: they're more of a risk than they're worth, and nobody who's any good is going to sink to a keg play in naval.

Kegs are a situational weapon that only belong in adventure (like cursed cannonballs).

• @fewartdragon

I have to admit, you started out bad, both with title and beginning of your post. But your ideas (some been recommended) are quite decent. I too am a firm believer that we need new mechanics and new stuff, rather than just having recycled content re-introduced to us.

But I also believe we are a bit spoiled. Rare have done an absolutely fantastic job at adding content to this game. They just keep doing it, and I love to watch them, as it shows me they really do care for this game.

Anyway, I feel like the community kind of got a bit too used to that frequency, and now have even higher expectations.

Views
feedback
8 out of 9