Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D

• I'm speaking on behalf of a small community of friends, and this is a summary of things we discussed together and agreed that it would improve our game experience.

But first of all, i'd like to say thank you to all the people working on this game, we spent numerous hours sailing through the sea of thieves between friends, we absolutely love this game and will continue playing it for a long time :) each update gets us excited for more content and we are really enjoying it, so thank you !

So here comes the feedback, i'm not going to talk about neither bugs nor glitches, i'm simply going to state features and new content that we would love to see and play with :

SEA MONSTERS :
    Kraken :
    -We would love for the kraken to have a body, and more patterns in its attacks, such as trying to bite the ship with it's beak or being able to raise the ship above water when too many tentacles are attached making the ship take a lot of damage before being violently thrown back into the water to add some realism in the encounter.
    Megalodon :
    -We absolutely love this monster, but we find its pattern a bit too easy to deal with, simply going around us and charging from time to time, maybe adding a state where the beast is actually biting into the ship trying to rip off bits of it and allowing players during that window to inflict damage with their weapons to its eyes or mouth to make it go away might be interesting to add.
    -We wouldn't mind to have zones for each megalodon too, we're hunting the legendary shrouded ghost after all, and having to venture into terribly dangerous and foggy waters full of spiky rocks to find it is something we would be really excited to do.
    -Allowing some megalodons to actually roam just like some skeleton ships is an idea too.
    Others :
    -Making a new sea monster, some sort of leviathan, something players can only repels or flee from, but not like the kraken, more like something roaming the map just like the storm, making us players in need to adjust our path in order to avoid this deadly horror, or being able to lure other players chasing us into its grasp through advanced manoeuvers :) this would make the sea feel much more dangerous.
    -We would love to see some neutral sea creatures added too, such as whales, and be able to hunt them or follow them to some strange unknown place ? Tracking a legendary white whale may be the key to figure out where a certain shrouded ghost may appear i don't know eheh ;)

COSMETICS :
    -We feel like we need more customization when it comes to our character, such as adjusting how our character looks, somehow being able to change a bit the head or body size when creating it would be a great deal.
    -Add rings to put around our fingers, maybe in the gloves slot ? or make an other different slot only for them, we would love to decorate our characters with some golden rings full of gems or some skull themed bone rings.
    -More hairstyles and shoes for female avatar, such as high heels for exemple.
    -More scars, we would like to add them the same way we add tattoos, there is already a slot reserved for it, we just need more scars :)
    -A fisherman themed curse, similar to something out of Davy Jones crew, with shells, algae, scales and other sea features, maybe even gills or tentacles.
    -Add some new ship models, such as a chinese themed brig or viking themed sloop and such, basically being allowed to choose from a diversity of shapes for our ship when we create it, i'm sure it would require a lot of work though unfortunately, but we would love that.
    -Being able to create personalized sets of clothes to wear, we love to put on clothes similar to how we decorate our ship, but it's taking a long time to remember what we used for each slots the last time, having multiple personnal sets of clothes already saved would be great.

GAMEPLAY :
    -Add new boss patterns, most of them are the same, we were really happy to discover the new ashen lords, it was really refreshing to fight against something new like that, on the same idea we would love to have new patterns on the fable bosses, and it would be great to have to use the environement to deal with them, for exemple when fighting the gold hoarder why not have some traps allowing us to maybe make molten gold fall on him and such.
    -We also have an idea concerning crews who mainly kill others, why not have a bounty system, with each sunken ship the bounty would increase, and eventually other players would want to get that money for themselves, the hunter becoming the prey if they overdo it :) it would be great to give a gentle push to more passive players to get into PvP too.
    -Improve the shipwreck system, for exemple add creatures only visible on the sea floor in them, such as morey eel, or crabs maybe, and add elements in the surroundings explaining why a ship would sink here, maybe stuck on some rocks or corals etc... maybe have multiple shipwreck connected and have us player go deeper and deeper and only surviving through air pockets we have to find, it would be darker and darker, and more dangerous creatures may roam inside such as sharks or other things... and the deeper the shipwreck the better the loot would be.
    -On the same note, we would love to see a more detailed underwater environment to explore, such as underwater caves etc... we have one or two during the fables, but it would be great to have something similar when exploring shipwreck and such.
    -Increase harpoon damage against sea monster (megalodon and kraken) or make a throwable harpoon in the throwable items that we would throw just like blunderbombs.
    -Add an emissary for the hunter's call, with missions from them to maybe hunt megalodons or whales, or maybe recover lost items from shipwrecks. Maybe even to dive into dangerous zones to find deep sea creatures.
    -Ok hear me out on this one, it would be amazing to be able to use pets in combat, to give them special abilities such as blinding or immobilize an enemy, of course it would mean to give the players the ability to get let's say a "common pet" for free to not make this game pay to win, the option to customize it with colors clothes and accesories would still be premium, but the pets themselves would actually be useful, each time i'm lifting my monkey i'm always thinking how i would love to throw it in someone's face to distract him.
    -Add new zones like the devil's roar, but with different theme, like a frozen sea with icebergs, or a stormy one where the wind always change direction and make it difficult to sail and makes it impossible to stop on an island without putting the anchor etc... maybe even a sea of the damned with ghost ships and constant fog for exemple.
    -Add front canons on ships, to fire chained canonballs for exemple, or maybe let it just be smaller canons that deals less damage, but nonetheless it would add something to the chase.
    -New special canonballs, such as a freezing one which would slow the enemy ship for a few seconds.

OTHERS :
    -The possibility to name our ship, the same way we customize it, there's already a blank spot on the galleon reserved for it above the door of the captain's cabin. It would be interesting to have this option with the bounty system i explained above.
    -More ships per server, sometimes it feels too empty, it can happen that we do a 3 to 4 hours session without encountering a single player.
    -Make the events more visible, when connecting to the game for exemple, we often don't see that there's something ongoing at the moment without checking out the website.
    -Being able to fish or harpoon the actual fish we see on the coast around the islands would be cool too, instead of them just being purely for decoration.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this message, we hope that our feedback was helpful. Once again we love your game, keep up with your amazing work, we wish you the best !

Views
    feedback
  • @flempoppa said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

COSMETICS :
    -We feel like we need more customization when it comes to our character, such as adjusting how our character looks, somehow being able to change a bit the head or body size when creating it would be a great deal.

I would like it too, but I don't think we'll ever have that, due to the fact that Rare sells potions to change the character.

-Add some new ship models, such as a chinese themed brig or viking themed sloop and such, basically being allowed to choose from a diversity of shapes for our ship when we create it, i'm sure it would require a lot of work though unfortunately, but we would love that.

Ashen Dragon is somewhat based on the Chinese. And I don't know if the Viking theme would fit the game, at least I wouldn't use it.

GAMEPLAY :
    -We also have an idea concerning crews who mainly kill others, why not have a bounty system, with each sunken ship the bounty would increase, and eventually other players would want to get that money for themselves, the hunter becoming the prey if they overdo it :) it would be great to give a gentle push to more passive players to get into PvP too.

This is something we will never have, as ships are not sunk by players, but by water. And in a way, the emissary system already works more or less as a reward system.

-Ok hear me out on this one, it would be amazing to be able to use pets in combat, to give them special abilities such as blinding or immobilize an enemy, of course it would mean to give the players the ability to get let's say a "common pet" for free to not make this game pay to win, the option to customize it with colors clothes and accesories would still be premium, but the pets themselves would actually be useful, each time i'm lifting my monkey i'm always thinking how i would love to throw it in someone's face to distract him.

I don't think this would work, as pets are purchased with real money, and this would make the game a Pay 2 Win.

-Add front canons on ships, to fire chained canonballs for exemple, or maybe let it just be smaller canons that deals less damage, but nonetheless it would add something to the chase.

This would unbalance the game and cause a lot of crying from players who only know how to escape. I would love to see this idea, but I don't think it would work in the current game scenario.

-More ships per server, sometimes it feels too empty, it can happen that we do a 3 to 4 hours session without encountering a single player.

In the past there were 6 ships, now we only have 5. I believe they have reduced due to the stability of the servers. Unfortunately, I don't think we will have that change.

• @targasbr said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

@flempoppa said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

I don't think this would work, as pets are purchased with real money, and this would make the game a Pay 2 Win.

I think you may want to reread it, they mentioned giving a common pet for free as a way to prevent it being Pay to Win.

Though it would probably be better that players have pets as default and cosmetics are only available in the Emporium if such a thing were to happen.

• @foxywiththemoxy said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

I think you may want to reread it, they mentioned giving a common pet for free as a way to prevent it being Pay to Win.

Though it would probably be better that players have pets as default and cosmetics are only available in the Emporium if such a thing were to happen.

Do you really think Rare will give pets?

• @targasbr said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

@foxywiththemoxy said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

Doubt it but you never know with Rare.
    I honestly just want them to give Cats and Dogs the remaining cosmetics being Reaper, Skeleton, Ashen and Gold Curse.

• @foxywiththemoxy said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

@targasbr said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

@foxywiththemoxy said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

Doubt it but you never know with Rare.
    I honestly just want them to give Cats and Dogs the remaining cosmetics being Reaper, Skeleton, Ashen and Gold Curse.

Good luck, rare never listen to the community.

• @targasbr a dit dans Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D :

Good luck, rare never listen to the community.

It's not a matter of weither Rare listen to us or not, but a matter of what can we do as players to improve our game experience ? The answer is to give feedback and submit our ideas, and just like they said in their 'License and Use of Your Feedback', they're in no obligation to use any of our feedback and suggestions.

Does it mean that giving feedback and stating what we would like in the game is meaningless ?
    Absolutely not. Our feedback is needed for Rare, not as an isolated case of course, but as a mass of data, from all the feedbacks and suggestions, similarities will appear and will catch their attention.

That's why i invite you and everyone else to please share what you would like to see in the game, just like i did in this post with my community's ideas, and talk about it, does any of the points stated sound exciting to you ? they say it, does it spark another interesting idea in your mind that we didn't think about ? then say it.
    And eventually one of the people reading this while getting excited will be a game developper.
    And this, is what we can do as players.

• @flempoppa said in Features my friends and I would love to see ! :D:

Does it mean that giving feedback and stating what we would like in the game is meaningless ?

Yes. Unfortunately most of the feedbacks here are clearly ignored. See cases like colors in the names of alliances or hitreg.

That's why i invite you and everyone else to please share what you would like to see in the game.

I did this since the beginning of the game, if you enter my profile you will see that I have a few thousand feedbacks here. In the end, we will rarely see any changes that the community calls for. We ask for bugfixes, Rare gives us skeletons.

Many of the things in your post have been requested a hundred times here, not that it's bad feedback, the ideas are great, but Rare is more concerned with putting useless pets, ugly skins and new skeletons in the game.

I admire those who give feedback and ask for changes, but unfortunately nothing will change anytime soon.

Views
feedback
1 out of 8