There should be a way to make things clear to new players.

• I didn't enter the forums for a while, I avoided different communities of Sea of ​​Thieves, I focused on playing only with friends close to me, because after a while I believed that all the work we have to keep the community together and healthy was lost work.

For a long time I helped in the administration of several communities in my country. I created others, recently dropped everything and focused on making streams of Sea of ​​Thieves.

In the streams, things have improved a lot, because the communities tend to be driven by hatred, the players just want to argue, since the streamer, especially when he becomes a reference, is usually heard by many and hated by a few, at least in my case.

Both big and small communities, both the forum and the community that follows me on twitch, have something in common: New players usually arrive without knowing what is really going on. They think they have new ideas and often make suggestions that go against the game's proposals. This has never changed, I believe it will not change anytime soon.

Things became clearer as I started to interact more with new players and the community from a perspective that was not that of a moderator, but as a streamer and player. I noticed that the biggest problem in the community is that whoever buys or plays the game doesn't even research about it, many times it's not even out of laziness, but because things are not clear.

I really don't know how to solve this "problem" of communication between Rare and its players. The older ones know how the game works, but the people who arrive always suggest the same changes: pve servers, progression, "nerf" or "buff" something.

I quite like how things are going, but many new players have already come to question me about the issues mentioned, and are amazed when I explain that the game was made this way on purpose. Unfortunately few of them really understand, most abandon the game because they don't like X or Y, because they expected something different.

Perhaps Rare should make it clear to players how the game works, how the shared world, number of ships and players per server, make it clear that you can and will be stolen, even though it is obvious that a pirate-themed game is about theft.

This is feedback that I collected from several players, especially new players. If anyone has an addendum or suggestion, feel free to discuss it.

Views
  • I don't even disagree with a letter.

I think if the game had a more immersive experience of how the whole game world works, it would help a lot. For example, npcs could comment at all times that sinking is very common in these waters, but you can choose the way how you want fight to the death.

In a more intuitive way, players could better understand the game's proposal and sink according to their own choices.

• I 100% agree, but I can already tell someone is going to say something along the lines of "Rare doesn't need to tell them, because they should've read the title of the game and the description yadadada." And yes that argument is true, but... Most Pirates Can't read.

• They should market it as a pvp game. Drop all references to Adventure and Alliances.

That way when someone sails up and opens fire they don't make a "pve mode pls" thread.

People come to fight... wait... what's all this cool other stuff I can do?!

• For me things are clear in the game, because I study a lot about pirates, I have a hundred books on the subject, but for most people who are used to watch Pirates of the Caribbean or other Disney productions, things don't seem so clear.

The game is not based on reality, but it uses the basis of piracy: stealing at sea.

When I see players saying they just want to dig chests and kill skeletons, I see that the idea of ​​what a pirate is is totally wrong. Perhaps Rare should explain this better. In the past you could still understand that the game is shared world, but today, it seems that Rare hides this information more and more.

Views
1 out of 5