Good sports

• Usuallly this forum is mostly ranting about pve servers and bad experiences. But I have to say that in the past couple days I played and stole good amount of plunder, I've encountered particularly well-behaved sailors. People losing their loot and still being courteous and friendly. Even reached out to one crew afterwards on xbox app offering to ally so they would get some of it back and all I got was "no thanks, we got beat fair and square".

So just wanted to say thank you to the community and fellow pirates. There's salt, but there is also class. After all it is just a video game where gold doesn't even matter. Let's keep on trucking and let everyone enjoy the shared world.

Views
  • @shadyjayp
    I'm glad to hear that since I had an opposite experience last night.

My friend and I raised a reaper emissary flag while leaving ancient spire to go turn in three reaper's chests. We spotted an emissary sloop at snake island and decided to sink them mainly for the flag and emissary progression but the loot was an added bonus.

At first we were playing bad, missing our chance to sink them. We ended up chasing them over to crows nest fortress before they turned to fight again.

After they sank I recieved a message that I had been reported. I replied with "I'm sorry you're upset but we didn't do anything wrong. We are just playing sea of thieves". I recieved more messages ending with "PvP is for arena. If you want gold and rep, do the work yourself".

I never intend to upset people but they clearly had the wrong understanding of what this game is and acceptable ways to play it. I felt like I needed to explain to them what the reaper's bones are but I didn't think it would change their mind. Hopefully they will eventually understand the same things most of us already do about this game. The same things @ActuallyEric840 says in his video talking about the rules of the sea.
    #1 being "nothing is yours until you turn it in".

If everyone can understand the things he says in his video and the rules he states, everyone that's sunk would be quick to say GG and move on for more of that infinite amount of loot.

• @testakleze maybe its because theyve all gone back to school ;)

• hey my game doesn't seem to save when I exit the game what should I do as I don't know what to do

• @littledevil7637 said in Good sports:

hey my game doesn't seem to save when I exit the game what should I do as I don't know what to do

Not sure what you mean here. Personal progression and cosmetic changes/purchases should save immediately, but that is basically all that saves. Any supplies or loot on your ship does not save and is left behind on the server to sink/despawn or be picked up by another player.

If you have more questions about this, I would suggest making a separate topic for this :)

• @testakleze Why the heck you warming my heart like that dude!? Geez! Blushing and stuff now lol

Views
1 out of 6