How ship holes work, helping a veteran ease his anxious mind

• Okay, so I should've known the answer to this, and just called out the falsehood right then and there, but I had someone join our ship today and he claimed that after three cannon hits to the same spot on the ship, the hole will be permanently enlarged, as in water floods in at the fastest rate if the hole springs again (even after repaired with a plank).

He claimed that because of this mechanic, we were at a disadvantage having been in numerous fights even though our ship was fully boarded back up.

In all my two years of sailing, I have never heard of this, or really checked if this was true. It's something which "feels" true since it sounds realistic, but I think this would have been brought up before due to the balance concerns.

Can someone put my mind at ease that this guy was full of it? Or am I just that oblivious to how the game works after all this time?

Views
  • @calicorsaircat after repairing a hole, if you spring a hole in the same place again it is fully considered a new hole and its size depends on the damage done after the repair not before.

Easy to test, get a big hole in the front of your ship, repair and then boop into an island or rock at medium speed and it will be small

Views
1 out of 2