Hiring NPC Crewmates From Outposts

• Hey there!

Its been a while since I posted an idea or two on the forums, but I thought of something the other day that would make solo play a little more manageable. This idea would also help for when the game inevitably becomes offline/adds custom servers.

What if we could hire NPC Crew members from outposts to help man our ships? They could help with tasks around the ship to help sail your ship and keep it afloat. I thought these NPC's could be commanded by the Chat Wheel that is normally used for non-verbal player communication. For instance, opening your radial chat wheel and saying "Lower The Sails" when grasping the helm would command the NPC to run the the nearest sail and lower it. This could be used for other things like "Raise the Anchor" or "Man the Cannons!" or "Need to Bail!".

I think this could also help solo players manage a little better against galleons should they not want to experience the nightmare that can be Open Crew. More notably however as I mentioned that when the game goes offline this would help feel a sense of connection with other characters in the world.

These players could be drinking at the tavern, fishing off the dock or sitting around a campfire at the outposts around the world. This would also help add a little vibrance and commotion to the currently stagnant outposts.

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunityjust for fun
  • @stryker-osiris

This is a game about player interaction, if you seek a crew I believe that you should find other pirates to join that crew.

Open crews can be a gamble, but you will also meet amazing people there. You can always use other channels to find crews.

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunityjust for fun
1 out of 2