Fort Keys : Since last update

• Since the "wall bang" update, I have seen a LOT of "keys dropped into unreachable places" posts on Facebook and Reddit. Has anyone experienced this? Do we know if Rare has addressed it or plans to?

Views
  • This has been around for awhile and usually happens because the boss is killed while clipping into a wall or standing on top of a small fence line or something.

I have heard that if everyone leaves, usually by firing away from the island on a ship cannon, that the key position will be replaced into a valid spot when you mermaid back. I have done this to correct Graymarrow being stuck in a wall, so it may work on keys.

• @d3adst1ck everyone literally left the FOTD to search for a harpoon rowboat and it still didn't reset. :/

• @t1cklebudd1es I'd probably make sure that the boss isn't clipping into something before killing them then. It might be easier to kill him that way, but it's also easier for the key to drop in an inaccessible spot. I think the general rule would be that if the boss can't move, the key is probably going to get stuck.

I think I lost a regular fort key this way once and now I try not to do it anymore.

Views
3 out of 4