Xbox One Lag since last update

• Hi all,

Tried to search for similar threads but couldn't find any. Since the last update I can only play for about an hour before I'm hit with game breaking lag. I'll jump around across the boat in such a way that I can't play any more.

Other online services are working fine for me, and I'd been playing SoT nightly for the last two months without an issue.

Is this a known problem I can address?

Views
    xbox onexboxframe diplag
  • @andehtw I should add that rebooting my Xbox and/or reloading the game doesn't seem to help either. Things are fine when I come back the next day, but only for a while.

• @andehtw did you try to restart your modem? Also shut down your XBox completely...so pressing the On/Off button for 10 seconds

• There is a known issue in the latest patch that leads to server degradation.

Increased Latency and Server Correction

In cases of high server density, some servers can exhibit performance hits leading to increased latency. This may result in lag spikes during gameplay, rubberbanding and server correction.

This might explain the issue you are running into with rubberbanding. I haven't experienced it myself, but I guess it depends on what "high server density" means - a large number of server instances spun up in the same region? This would mean playing at peak game times for your area could mean higher chance of this happening.

• @d3adst1ck I am on PC and my lag has been terrible ever since the update. I used to run between 65-90 ping now I’m consistently bouncing from 120-260.

Views
xbox onexboxframe diplag
1 out of 5