what version(s) of sea of thieves does gamepass effect?

• Am I unable to get gamepass DLC for the steam version of Sea of Thieves? since regardless of the version of sea of thieves, you are required to login to your Microsoft account, and all versions of the game run on the same servers shouldent the free DLC for having Xbox gamepass go to any versions linked to your account? to muddy the waters even more the microsoft store page for sea of thieves outright says you can use gamepass to buy sea of thieves for PC. am i wrong or are steam users getting the short end of the stick?

Views
    gamepassxboxsteammicrosoft storedlc
  • @m4d-mandolorian all dlc is free. Pets and some cosmetics exist in the premium store

• @m4d-mandolorian there is no DLC like in other games...if you can play it, you have all DLC's...everyone has the same version

• If you have the gamepass, and there is a special cosmetic for Sea of Thieves (I think the Ori set was one?), you should be able to launch the Microsoft Store version of the game which will add the dlc to your account and then it will be usable with the Steam version.

DLC/Cosmetic/Ancient Coin activation seems to occur only when you launch the store's client. If you buy something on Steam, you need to launch Steam version before it will be available on MS Store version and vice versa.

• @d3adst1ck sagte in what version(s) of sea of thieves does gamepass effect?:

If you have the gamepass, and there is a special cosmetic for Sea of Thieves (I think the Ori set was one?), you should be able to launch the Microsoft Store version of the game which will add the dlc to your account and then it will be usable with the Steam version.

DLC/Cosmetic/Ancient Coin activation seems to occur only when you launch the store's client. If you buy something on Steam, you need to launch Steam version before it will be available on MS Store version and vice versa.

The Ori-set isn't available anymore...I guess it expired in june

• @schwammlgott @D3ADST1CK

The current available set is the Nightshine bundle set although this isn't exclusive to gamepass

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1291011218673631232?s=20

• @little-squash isn't this one from the black market?

• @schwammlgott
    Yes.

It's also being given away to Gamepass subscribers if you haven't already bought it in the black market.

• @little-squash sagte in what version(s) of sea of thieves does gamepass effect?:

@schwammlgott
    Yes.

It's also being given away to Gamepass subscribers if you haven't already bought it in the black market.

Then, what sense does this make, when you can still buy it in the game?

• @schwammlgott said in what version(s) of sea of thieves does gamepass effect?:

@little-squash sagte in what version(s) of sea of thieves does gamepass effect?:

@schwammlgott
    Yes.

Then, what sense does this make, when you can still buy it in the game?

I know, right?

It was especially annoying that they waited a week after the update to announce it... AFTER many of us had already bought it in the black market.

My guess is that it is just a marketing ploy to get new people to play the game through Gamepass.

• @little-squash said in what version(s) of sea of thieves does gamepass effect?:

My guess is that it is just a marketing ploy to get new people to play the game through Gamepass.

That's all that it is.

"Hey, you have gamepass? Try this game and you can get some cool stuff right away!"

People can't resist getting free stuff, and it's likely that a percentage of people who claim the item will try the game out and maybe a small percentage of those will become regular players.

Views
gamepassxboxsteammicrosoft storedlc
10 out of 11