Supplies at spawn

• Considering the respawn distance has been increased a while ago, what would some benefits and drawbacks be to adding more supplies to the ship at spawn/respawn?

I find myself spending 15 to 30 minutes just stocking the ship before setting sail, and as a result, I find myself not logging on as often during the workweek because the startup time from power on to sailing is increased significantly by needing to stock the ship.

I am NOT complaining, however I think increasing the number of cannonballs and wood at least would increase playerbase and encourage more people to play even on a more limited schedule.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last Version Played: 1.944638
    Views
    communitygeneral
  • You are taking too long to stock up at initial spawn. There is no reason you should be spending 15-30 minutes each time.

Last Version Played: 1.944638
  • @mr-murder-0311 it would even more incentivize a suicide gameplay. There are already so few pirates that care about their ship whose only disadvantage is haveing a few volleys of cannonballs. Your idea unfortunately encourages this behavior, unless it was only initial spawns and additional spawns after that would spawn with less and less supplies

Also, there may be better places to post this than the insider hub

• @mr-murder-0311 This has nothing to do with the insider build, post in the regular forms for feedback and suggestions related to the main game.

Last Version Played: 1.945225
  • Just to note - I have moved this post to the General Discussion areas, this wasn't Insider so should have been posted here.

• @mr-murder-0311

Considering the respawn distance has been increased a while ago, what would some benefits and drawbacks be to adding more supplies to the ship at spawn/respawn?

The reason that they haven't given you more supplies is because it would encourage people who just got sank to immediately come back and be at the advantage in terms of supplies. If you were given 100 cannonballs, 50 planks, and morefood than just bananas, it would allow people to immediately get back to fighting after being sunk and to be at the advantage. That's not fair to the people that just used up all of these resources trying sinking you, just to have you back with more resources than they do.

I find myself spending 15 to 30 minutes just stocking the ship before setting sail, and as a result, I find myself not logging on as often during the workweek because the startup time from power on to sailing is increased significantly by needing to stock the ship.

I am NOT complaining, however I think increasing the number of cannonballs and wood at least would increase playerbase and encourage more people to play even on a more limited schedule.

I would recommend not spending 15 minutes to stock up your ship at an outpost. You really don't need to loot the entire outpost to be ready to set sail, because whenever you get to the island your voyage is at, you have a pretty high chance of find something like a rowboat, storage crate, cannonball, food, plank crate, and of course all the barrels on the island have supplies too. Just grab maybe 2 - 3 inventories of supplies, then go set sail and get more supplies by finding barrels in the water, shooting off to islands, and at your island destinations.

• I think it's fine how it is. I just stock after I die and then repeat as I just go along with game
    At one point you use to just be able to go up to dock person and ask him to auto fill your ship but that was removed a long time ago

• On initial spawn I think the current quantity is fine. As others have stated, you don't need to pick the outpost clean, just a few runs, and then supply on the go.

Personally, I'd like to see less supplies on respawn. There should be some penalty for sinking. I think that's probably another topic altogether though...

• Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Thank you admins for moving it instead of deleting it.

And thank you community for your feedback. After reading your responses and input, my perspective has shifted more online with yours.

I think a SMALL boost of supplies at initial spawn would still be good, and keeping it the same for respawn makes sense.

However, I see now why it is the way it is so that's just as good of a result.

Thank you all again!

Views
communitygeneral
8 out of 9