More NPC ships

• If there were npc trade ships to loot I think that would both satisfy players’ boredom while keeping other players safe from potential bullying by said bored players. There could be varying types of merchants, maybe each faction can have its own unique type, and attacking them could lower favor with that faction (which gives Pirate Legends something to do too once they’ve maxed out favor), and there could even be a goal of getting negative favor!
    Perhaps there could even be a wanted level which after attacking enough merchants would result in being hunted down by a ten gun man of war to fight too, ensuring a continuing interesting challenge no matter what level the player is

Views
  • @capnace2

I think adding more NPC ships would be a good thing. Adding something that would improve the PvE aspect of the game without ruining the PvP would be a wonderful addition to the game. However this would only change maybe 1% if the PvP community's minds about stealing loot.

You say here that you want this to allow PvPers to get their ship combat itch scratched without having to kill other people:

I think that would both satisfy players’ boredom while keeping other players safe from potential bullying by said bored players.

Your idea would work for about a week, but at the end of the day some PvPers steal loot because they just like the idea of being a pirate. When you think of a pirate, you think of people like Blackbeard, murdering, thieving, pillaging, cannoning, and much more. There's just no replacing stealing loot from actual players. While yes, some PvPers do steal loot because they're bored of PvE, after about a week those people will get bored of AI ships and will go back to stealing loot from other players.

Whole point being, I like the idea and think it's pretty good, but don't get your hopes up that it'll change much. At least 95% of players will still go back to PvPing after about a week of playing against the AI ships. Almost every PvPer who plays adventure mode does it for the loot, if they wanted to cannon and fight they would go do arena because people there won't run away, they'll stay and fight.

• @kaijoi well maybe it’s not just as a way to discourage pvp, that’s just one possible benefit. I think it’d just make the game more interesting in for everyone

Views
1 out of 3