Ship Upgrades

• I like that the pvp is very balanced but i still think that the game needs more of a goal in terms of making gold, i think the game should add some upgrades available for purchase that help add variety to the pvp of the game without breaking the fair system.

Upgrades that add pros and cons to your ship such as a battering ram that makes your ship slower but deals damage to ramming into ships, there was a forum i read on it before with lots of ideas that i think should be implemented. I get the game wants to be fair to new players but i think this can still be achieved if you have upgrades that are not game breaking but still offer something more than cosmetics to strive for.

Views
  • @amazingbison22

How long have you been playing this game? According to your Xbox Profile, you have not played this game, well... once. Not to mention a Day 1 Account on these Forums =)

Anyways....

This game is not pay to win. The Ships are fine the way they are, giving everyone a level playing field leaving it up to strictly Player's "Skill" to determine who is better at PvP and not what "Upgrades" a Ship Has.

• @mrbadabing thats exactly what im saying, i dont want the upgrades to be the difference between pvp i just want things that add more the pvp and as a new player i dont feel like doing any of the quest because i can only get cosmetic items, i want something to work towards with my quests, again i dont want the upgrades to be broken or just add new weapons that you can purchase.

• @amazingbison22

What you are refering to is known as ship loadouts/configs not Upgardes which means something different. It's and idea that has brought up before and has been throughly discussed and rejected. I'm not saying. It's a bad idea tho but is a common one.

• @amazingbison22 said in Ship Upgrades:

@mrbadabing thats exactly what im saying, i dont want the upgrades to be the difference between pvp i just want things that add more the pvp and as a new player i dont feel like doing any of the quest because i can only get cosmetic items, i want something to work towards with my quests, again i dont want the upgrades to be broken or just add new weapons that you can purchase.

Including purchasable sidegrades for ships opens up another can of worms entirely, called "balance." There's always going to be a "meta" loadout that optimizes your gameplay, regardless of how well balanced everything is.

Which means the players who roll with the meta loadout are always going to have an advantage over players that either use different sidegrades, or who don't have the money to buy sidegrades.

@ ...as a new player i dont feel like doing any of the quest because i can only get cosmetic items, i want something to work towards with my quests...

Sea of Thieves is about the journey, not the destination - a horrible cliche I know, but true nonetheless. There is no 'goal' or 'final boss', no Kiera Knightley or Orlando Bloom to rescue. Just a whole gang of Johnny Depps, running around doing piratey-stuff.

What I'm trying to say is we are pirates, matey. No game tells us what to do - we decide that for ourselves! If you must have a goal to work towards, set your own.
    However, the game won't reward you with anything more substantial than a fun time and some good memories and really, what more could you ask?

• @ntraills I get the idea, but that kind of playstyle gets pretty boring, i think if they find some middle ground it would attract alot more players, alot of my friends just returned the game when they found out it had no progression, i dont think the game will change to progression based but in my opinion it makes games more fun, and have slight disadvantages to players who have hundreds more hours than you is as fair as it gets.

@ntraills I get the idea, but that kind of playstyle gets pretty boring, i think if they find some middle ground it would attract alot more players, alot of my friends just returned the game when they found out it had no progression, i dont think the game will change to progression based but in my opinion it makes games more fun, and have slight disadvantages to players who have hundreds more hours than you is as fair as it gets.

@AmazingBison22 Let's look at it like this..... I have been playing this game since Day 1, I own everything in the game (Every Weapon Cosmetic, Ship Cosmetic, Equipment Cosmetic, Clothing Cosmetic, Literally EVERYTHING You Can Buy in this game) I Have 25 Thousand Dabloon, and over 37 Million in Gold, 240 Arena Wins (Legendary Sea Dog).... Strictly PvP Based player all around.

If your "Theory" ever came into play.... and I have bought "Ship Upgrades" with the amount of money I have. You stated you think it's "FUN" for people to have Advantages and Disadvantages. Picture This...

You are a brandy new Pirate coming straight from the lovely Maiden Voyage, with your fresh Sailor Outfit and Default Ship Set looking to get your feet wet, and you stumble upon Myself and my PvP Crew... Tell me how much "Fun" you think you are going to have????? You sir, will uninstall the game and never play again.

No... The BEST PART ABOUT THIS GAME is you NEVER KNOW what is going to happen. Everyone has the Same Ship, and you never know who is on that ship sailing towards you or in the distance. You'll never know if they are amazing PvP Players or just some fresh buccaneers looking to do some PvE Missions.

If you are a new pirate with no ship upgrades , and you use your spyglass in the distance and see a ship all "Decked" out equipped with goodies, you are not going to go in that direction.

If you are looking for Ship Upgrades, I suggest upgrading the Jackdaw Ship on AC.

Views
5 out of 8