New Weapons!

• -The Boarding Pike: Can be used to charge past multiple enemies with a continuous line of damage (not much steering) and also to propel yourself upward. Very handy in pve and great for hopping from your ship to another.

-The MatchLock- A rifle with no scope, and a bayonet and could only be shot when aimed. The shot without aiming is a melee hit. Does slightly more damage than the flintlock, and reloads very slowly. So make your shot count or use the blade!

-Climbing Axe: A rope is tied around your arm and attached to the axe. It can be thrown, stuck to enemies or surfaces and then pulled to them. Its main use is to climb up ships and does VERY weak melee damage (banana health type damage).

-The Buckler: A small shield that can be used to sprint at people while blocking your chest from being shot, but your legs would still be vulnerable. The Shield blocks some damage from explosives when blocking but does not stop knockback.

-Potions? but idk how to implement without it being not fun... And I am tired of items that only help you when found. I would rather it be an infinite use but need to be refilled type thing.

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • I think you need to:

1. Flesh out your idea a bit more - damage, speed, reload time, accuracy, etc. You cover some of this, but not every category with every weapon.
    2. Consider the gameplay mechanics in regards to balance with various scenarios, setups, etc.
  • @galactic-geek ITS AN IDEA im not supposed to balance it out thats what theyre supposed to do

• @reekyu said in New Weapons!:

@galactic-geek ITS AN IDEA im not supposed to balance it out thats what theyre supposed to do

If you don't have any semblance of balance, they'll never seriously even consider it. In essence, you're wasting your own time. Put some thought and effort into it! Anyone can come up with ideas (and yours are wholly unoriginal and have all been heard before), but it's rare that someone actually comes up with a good one that is fleshed out, original, balanced, and also takes the big picture into account - I have yet to see that from you.

• @galactic-geek Its not supposed to be a full concept. They are simple concepts. Concepts arent supposed to be a fully fledged out thing, its just an idea. The ideas are there. If they were implemented they would need to be balanced, im not a dev, i will not attempt to balance it but it atleast sounds like it would fit. If I said they should add A giant flaming tornado with ashen lords beneath it like a month ago, you wouldve called me an idiot.

Views
feedbackgeneral
1 out of 5