How to deal with frustrating turn of events (Loosing in PvP, Getting Rare'd, etc.)

• Hey guys!

First off, I love this community. I am fairly new, only about 150hrs in but see myself playing many more!

So if you have played SoT for any amount of time, by now you've probably found yourself getting frustrated at some point, potentially even rage quitting the game. Whether it be getting Kraken'd and Meg'd after 4 hours of grinding with a ship full of loot and that grade 5 emissary just to sink and lose it all or getting spawn killed by another crew over and over, etc.

I have found a solution that may not be fit for everyone but I think can be helpful to some... SoT is one of the few games that can leave you feeling as if you were just the protagonist in an epic film or leave you with an epic story afterward. So something I have started doing is writing out my adventures.

After almost every session I open up my notes tab or app and I jot down some highlights from my session (whether good or bad). And now I have a pages of epic tales from my life as a pirate (cheesy I know...) - It helps take the edge off the frustration and keeps me going back for more.

For me, it provides a creative outlet and often times feels therapeutic. Hopefully, this is helpful for some, and if not, GGs thanks for reading!

(Happy to share an example if requested)

Views
  • Very good matey. I really wish we had a true social hub in this game where players can meet and have a stage to narrate their tales. I would have had a complete novel series by now.

• @strawlemon112 Great idea! Please share some of your seafarin' adventures over in Tavern Tales. I like your perspective. In any good tale of adventure, the protagonist encounters many setbacks before finally emerging victorious. It's the agony of defeat that makes victory taste so sweet. Well played! 👍

• @enf0rcer Aye, thank you Cap'n! And I agree. Rare should publish a journal entry style book with entries from different players of their adventures or something. haha!

• @genuine-heather Cheers! I'll give it a go!

Views
1 out of 5