Thinking about returning but question about past content

• I was playing when the game first released and eventually quit due to lack of content and overall a very grindy gameplay loop. I've been looking back into the game and noticed that a lot of the content (that I missed) seems to have come and gone for only a limited time. Is that it? Do players just miss out on this content permanently and forever?

How much additional PERMANENT content has been added to the game since release?

Views
  • @ragecagez Megalodons, SKeleton ships, legends of the sea, I think tall tales? Ghost ships. I have no Idea what else. :D

• In addition to Dominus's post, emissary system which allows you to get up to 2.5x loot value in gold and rep. The Devil's Roar region where there is ashen versions of loot that are worth twice as much (stack these both together and goodbye grindy loops) Fort of the Dammed which takes 15 minutes or so to get started but has about 3 forts worth of loot in the vault plus a chest of legends. Hunter's Call and fishing mechanics plus cooking mechanics for meat from sharks, megs, kraken, all merchant animals. Expanded ship damage mechanics and several new cannon ball types and throw-able weapons.

Basically there is so much to list vs how the game was in 2018, you just need to give it a solid 2-3 hour session and find out for yourself.

• No? Pretty much all content is permanent. There might be some event the month something gets released like something happening more frequent or there being specific voyages for that type of content but the content doesnt go away.

• @ragecagez
    That's a pretty big list. I'd say there is more added content than original content.

As said by @DominusOcto7 megalodons, skeleton ships, ghost ships, and tall tales were all added. The legends of the sea expands on the Easter eggs that were in the game as well as ones that were added later, giving rewards for finding them.

There are new voyage types, new factions, new types of treasure, alliances, brigantines.
    A new volcanic sea was added and some existing islands were changed. An uncharted island turned into the reaper's hideout, the spire in the center of the world had the sea dog's tavern built upon it, and old boot fort was cursed and turned into the fort of the damned.

We have more instruments and shanties to play. We have cursed cannonballs and chain shots. Firebombs and blunderbombs that can be fired or thrown.
    Rowboats, harpoons, harpoon rowboats. Expanded ship customization, expanded ship damage, and a long list of new cosmetics including emotes, curses and pets.

Last but certainly not least, we have the supply crate.

If you're thinking about returning, you're wasting time thinking when you could be sailing.

• Thanks all! Game seems much more interesting now then release. I kind of feel bad I missed all this stuff.

• @ragecagez I was in the exact same boat (lol) as you! I bought the game at launch and played till Cursed Sails. I got tired of the same gameplay loop, so I stepped away from the game until a few months ago. I have to say that I’m having more fun sailing than I think I’ve ever had! Not only is there a plethora of new content, but the spawn rate for encounters and items seemed to have been buffed extensively, so I’m constantly running into things to do! I would highly recommend getting back into it!

• The only things gameplay wise you miss now from before:
    Summoning the megalodon, it being a harder version, requiring multiple crews.
    Mermaid statues spawning often..
    Easily fighting the skeleton fleets, now it's cycling with multiple things..
    Easily finding another crew trying to sit on the chairs..
    Having the couple of reaper runs that everyone was doing the same routes, led to much more "busy area" type encounters..
    The gifts collecting/giving easy because everyone was getting those voyages..

Sure some limited time cosmetics/titles/free emotes..

Things like that is what change, the focus of the game temporarily, with it staying put in game. It just makes it harder to get the commendation for it after the "event" is over.

• Everything that took effort to make and changed gameplay is permenant. The stuff that was limited time, was more like just story plot, or cosmetic rewards.

• Removed content has been more of a story lore/introduction of new mechanics and content. Removal allows the world to grow and develop and many of the characters and islands used in old content are now involved in the world in new ways that wouldn't be possible with Hungering deep, forsaken shores etc events still occurring.

• @dyfrin said in Thinking about returning but question about past content:

Things like that is what change, the focus of the game temporarily, with it staying put in game. It just makes it harder to get the commendation for it after the "event" is over.

It's like that in WoW, too. If you missed an achievement when the content was "current", the people have moved on to newer things and no one is around to help out anymore.

• @goldseeker-gar i didnt think of cosmetics when he said content tbh.

Views
1 out of 12