Let's talk about Traps!

• I'm a big fan of traps, no not those kind of traps you dirty minded pirates, but I'm talking about death traps like a boulder chasing you, a pit filled with spikes, or even poison dart traps. So I figured, why not make a thread discussing about this feature? But first, an explanation.

Traps were first teased with Devil's Ridge where the caverns had two traps that have already been used (and had victims), they served no functionality and couldn't harm you. They were teased again with slots appearing in the caverns of Sailor's Bounty and then made its official appearance in the Anniversary Update alongside TallTales.
    However, the traps at that point in time were Spikes, Swinging Spiked Logs, Swinging Blades, Swinging Axes, Saw Blades, and a Gunpowder Trap.

The latest TallTale, Heart of Fire, introduced Fire traps to the game spicing up the trap list a bit more.

But I think the game could use even more traps to it, so I wanted to discuss these deadly contraptions with you.

What traps would you want to be added to the game?
    Do you think they could be used for a future TallTale or perhaps a dungeon like PVE event?

What are your thoughts?

Views
  • @foxywiththemoxy I got a catchy song now in my head because of you...
    Let's talk about traps, baby
    Let's talk about you and me...oh...you said not that kind of traps 😂😂

I wonder what kind of traps come with a possible new tall tale...

But beside of that...a pool with sharks, would be some nice trap...under a trap door or so

• I feel that almost every cave/tunnel should have traps of some sort, fatal or non-fatal. That would be really cool to see, as Players would see a cave and know that it could be dangerous.

Snake Island's Gunpowder Tunnels could have a pressure plate that blows the whole tunnel up.

Crooks Hollow could have non-fatal dart traps in the different branching caves

Plunder Valley is loaded with possibilities. Dart traps, Caged/Hanged Skeletons coming to life, Falling boulders, etc.

Devil's ridge with it's swinging spikes

Sunken Grove's donut hole could flood and fill up with sharks, and drain out over time

Thieves haven should have dart traps for sure, falling boulders, and maybe carnivorous plants.

Ashen Reaches and other DR islands need fire traps in it's caves.

Mermaid's Hideaway should have eels and sharks and crabs in it's submerged cave

Speaking of submerged, put eel traps in shipwrecks.

Shark Bait Cove could have shark jawbones in the sand that bite if you step on them

Different traps around islands would be sweet!

Views
2 out of 3