A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves

• When you sink a ship their loot in barrels need to be able to be looted just like when their loot floats up again

• this is a weird one but cinda funny some player i noticed straight up go outside the map when you chase them LOL. When they sink all their loot should be spawned back inside the map

• After a few battles your ship has taken alot of damage and scratches sometime it would be freat if you could go to the shop and spend money and get it fully reapair.

Also a system where you could spend your money to get resources
    I feel like we need more stuff to spend our money on there is nothing really that interest me cosmetics are meh only a few looking good.
    We need something to spend our money on

Views
  • When you sink a ship their loot in barrels need to be able to be looted just like when their loot floats up again

I agree, even if it's a 1/4 of the original I would really love if barrels popped up, it sucks when
    you sink someone who has 300 cannonballs and you get none back.

this is a weird one but cinda funny some player i noticed straight up go outside the map when you chase them LOL. When they sink all their loot should be spawned back inside the map

It does suck whenever someone runs away because they don't want you to have the loot, but even if they did make the loot spawn inside the map, it'll still be hard to find. I don't know how they code it to even make the loot spawn there in the first place. If you had 200 pieces of loot, it would have huge ping problems knowing Sea of Thieves. So while it does suck whenever someone runs, I don't think it's fixable.

After a few battles your ship has taken alot of damage and scratches sometime it would be freat if you could go to the shop and spend money and get it fully reapair.

Wouldn't mind that.

I feel like we need more stuff to spend our money on there is nothing really that interest me cosmetics are meh only a few looking good.

I wouldn't mind if you could buy an empty storage crate, just to get the supplies from the outpost, but the developers of Sea of Thieves have said that they want this game to be a game where you can start playing day 1 and beat someone who's been here for 2 years. You are all on the same playing field, if you could just buy a storage crate of pineapples or a crate of cursed cannonballs, that would be unfair to people without a lot of money.

Obviously they could balance it, you can only buy 1 crate per day, or you can only buy a crate with random supplies in it, but at that point there's no point in adding it anyway, because the game is supposed to be about fairness, and while you may find a cursed cannonball in a barrel, you still had to look, you didn't just buy 5 anchor balls because you have a lot of money.

@StablerBook854

• @kaijoi but the developers of Sea of Thieves have said that they want this game to be a game where you can start playing day 1 and beat someone who's been here for 2 years.

Honestly thats a good respond by the devs i really like games like that, but i need something to spend my money on

• @stablerbook854
    I'm sure they have a plan for using your money, they watch Pace22 and he has over 55 million gold. Since they came out with the emmisary system, they must've know that there will be plenty of people with tons of gold and nothing to spend it on, so I'm sure they will bring something out for your to spend your money on in the future updates.

• @kaijoi

If ya can't catch them quick enough, then you gotta brave the Red Sea if you want their loot. It's tough, but not impossible.

The gold sink I'll leave up to Rare. Personally, I've never seen the point. Right now I'm doing voyages and collecting gold because I want to. Am I really going to ask Rare to add some innocuous system to basically waste gold on? Or make an existant system suddenly cost gold?

Cause it would have to be something that doesn't effect gameplay or else you're giving advantages to rich players and encouraging gold farming.

I think it's a silly idea, but if Rare decides it's needed I won't complain. As long as it's not implemented terribly.

• I understand what you're saying, but there are a group of people (myself included) that have played the game since it came out and we have bought all of the cosmetics, so anything to spend gold on would be cool. Now I don't really mind not spending gold, because I steal most of my gold. I can imagine that people who ONLY PVE could be upset that they are doing voyages, getting gold, then not spending it because they've bought everything.

Cause it would have to be something that doesn't effect gameplay or else you're giving advantages to rich players and encouraging gold farming.

Exactly, it has to be something that isn't going to affect gameplay, like strength buffs or something. It would have to be cosmetic or something.

• @kaijoi said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

I can imagine that people who ONLY PVE could be upset that they are doing voyages, getting gold, then not spending it because they've bought everything.

I too have been playing since launch (before launch, technically) and only PvE. So yeah, I can't speak for everyone, but this only PvEer is just fine.

But hey, if we're just talking about more cosmetics, then I'm with you 100%. I'm always in favor of more cosmetics, new cosmetics, returning cosmetics, and remixed cosmetics.

That'd be legit value for my fake vidja game stacks.

• @stablerbook854 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

When you sink a ship their loot in barrels need to be able to be looted just like when their loot floats up again

Supplies are stored in barrels that are securely tied down to the ship. They sink with the ship.

Loot and supply/storage crates on board are not tied down, therefore they float to the surface.

I think it's balanced pretty well at the moment. You need to make a tactical decision if you are running low on supplies and make a call on is this loot worth it or should I retreat and resupply and fight another day.

this is a weird one but cinda funny some player i noticed straight up go outside the map when you chase them LOL. When they sink all their loot should be spawned back inside the map

You can't teleport loot from where it sunk. If they decide to sink themselves in the red sea, then that is their choice, it's just unfortunate on their part you couldn't catch them before they chose to do so.

Many pirates in the real world would prefer to sink their own ships rather than enemies get aboard and take their loot. This is the same mechanic in use here.

I think this would be bad. It would become a pay to win scenario. Larger crews could quickly buy huge amounts of resources.

The fact that everyone all starts on the same level playing field makes it fair.

Exploring the seas and finding resources, supply crates, rowboats etc is all part of the experience of being a pirate and scavenging on the seas.

Paying to win or paying to gain an advantage takes all of that away and creates an immediate imbalance.

• @j3nkman said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

@stablerbook854 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

When you sink a ship their loot in barrels need to be able to be looted just like when their loot floats up again

Supplies are stored in barrels that are securely tied down to the ship. They sink with the ship.

Loot and supply/storage crates on board are not tied down, therefore they float to the surface.

I think it's balanced pretty well at the moment. You need to make a tactical decision if you are running low on supplies and make a call on is this loot worth it or should I retreat and resupply and fight another day.

You can't teleport loot from where it sunk. If they decide to sink themselves in the red sea, then that is their choice, it's just unfortunate on their part you couldn't catch them before they chose to do so.

Many pirates in the real world would prefer to sink their own ships rather than enemies get aboard and take their loot. This is the same mechanic in use here.

I think this would be bad. It would become a pay to win scenario. Larger crews could quickly buy huge amounts of resources.

The fact that everyone all starts on the same level playing field makes it fair.

Exploring the seas and finding resources, supply crates, rowboats etc is all part of the experience of being a pirate and scavenging on the seas.

Paying to win or paying to gain an advantage takes all of that away and creates an immediate imbalance.

The loot should spawn back inside the map where they came from when they went outside the map so that the person who chases them can collect the loot

• @stablerbook854 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

The loot should spawn back inside the map where they came from when they went outside the map so that the person who chases them can collect the loot

Why? If someone chose to sink their loot after a long chase just because they want it, let it be. Do you want the loot? go for it, you can't get it? get gut.

All the PVP players always being rude with people all about "Is sanbox game", "Sea of THIEVES", "not game for you "..etc.

You didnt' got loot? better luck next time.

I myself sunk own ship on red seas and chased a ship wich sunk in red seas loosing loot. No problem with that, is player's choose to sink own loot in red seas so he can't get robbed as is PvPrs choose to attack a ship that doing TT and waving at you, sandbox works for everyone not just for you guys. The double standards.

• @kendo7008 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

@stablerbook854 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

Why? If someone chose to sink their loot after a long chase just because they want it, let it be. Do you want the loot? go for it, you can't get it? get gut.

All the PVP players always being rude with people all about "Is sanbox game", "Sea of THIEVES", "not game for you "..etc.

I myself sunk own ship on red seas and chased a ship wich sunk in red seas loosing loot. No problem with that, is player's choose to sink own loot in red seas so he can't get robbed as is PvPrs choose to attack a ship that doing TT and waving at you, sandbox works for everyone not just for you guys. The double standards.

This is a PVP game its Called Sea of thieves for a reason....
    The game is designed with a map people should not go outside it thats why it sinks you...
    The only thing they can do is to put you back in the map where you came from but your ship sinks...

• @stablerbook854 you can only go so far outside the map, it's not that big of a distance. Cant change the fact you chose not to take the last risk for loot.

@kendo7008 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

******All the PVP players always being rude with people all about "Is sanbox game", "Sea of THIEVES", "not game for you "..etc.

You didnt' got loot? better luck next time.******

This is a PVP game its Called Sea of thieves for a reason....
    The game is designed with a map people should not go outside it thats why it sinks you...
    The only thing they can do is to put you back in the map where you came from but your ship sinks...

1-Wrong, also read my post again, the part where i talk about "ThIs Is SeA oF tHiEvEs....THIEVES!!!!ONE!!11!"

2.Right but also wrong, the game is designed to let you go to the red seas where NOONE can recover the loot.

3.Wrong, they could do a lot of mechanics for the border, the one you are pushing as a right one, but instead they implemented the real right one as it is.

• @kendo7008 said in A few thought i have after being in combat and sailing across Sea of Thieves:

While obviously this is true, there's no denying that "If I can't have my things, then they can't either" is an almost baby-like approach and generally means that the person running is content with losing as long as they can cause 30 seconds of mild annoyance to somebody. I don't really care if people do this to me because I don't really care about loot in general, but somebody doing this shows that they are so opposed to combat (which is basically half of this game) that they prefer to basically surrender instantly.
    What I find funny is that sometimes, people have done this to me, invited me to a party and tried to get toxic. This never works (because as I said before i don't care about loot) and usually ends in them pulling the IP address of my VPN before leaving the party.

It's not that it's a bad tactic in itself, it's what is shows about the people doing it.

• @c3h8o

Pirates doing something petty and cowardly?

How strange.

Views
12 out of 15