(MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.

• I've never been into instruments, as most bore me. But after playing this game, the concertina just seems so interesting. I've always liked listening to accordions but they look bulky and complicated, which is why I like the look of the concertina. However, I have little to no knowledge of music, but I decided if I want to give it a shot, Concertina would be the one I do it with.

I just don't know what to get. As I've said, I don't have much experience, but I'm competent, or maybe stubborn to quitting. Either way, I want a concertina that isn't too complicated, but enough to play shanties.

What does this game use? Because I've seen different types with different stuff:

Different button amounts

Different notes if pushing/pulling

Same notes if pushing/pulling

One side has high notes, other has low notes

Also, I'd like something less than or close to $400

Someone, help!

Views
  • Listen to this...

You want to skip 27 minutes in. (although before that, they talk about the Theremin, which - although not very piratey - is fascinating too.)

• @surveyorpete That sounds awesome. Making me all the more interested!

• @klutchxking518 said in (HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

I've never been into instruments, as most bore me. But after playing this game, the concertina just seems so interesting. I've always liked listening to accordions but they look bulky and complicated, which is why I like the look of the concertina. However, I have little to no knowledge of music, but I decided if I want to give it a shot, Concertina would be the one I do it with.

I just don't know what to get. As I've said, I don't have much experience, but I'm competent, or maybe stubborn to quitting. Either way, I want a concertina that isn't too complicated, but enough to play shanties.

What does this game use? Because I've seen different types with different stuff:

Different button amounts

Different notes if pushing/pulling

Same notes if pushing/pulling

One side has high notes, other has low notes

Also, I'd like something less than or close to $400

Someone, help!

same idea but with the hurdy gurdy and i've thought about it for a while

• @closinghare208 Hurdy Gurdy looks too hard for me.

• I don't think either one would be especially hard to learn. (Piano lessons, and started to self teach guitar...) it's just a matter of finding the right method books and music. P sure the music books would be easier to come by lol. I always get embarrassed practicing

• @klutchxking518 fine that's good you do you and i like your idea to learn it

• I been seriously thinking of painting my Tenor Banjo skin to look like the Inky Kraken one...

• @wagstr said in (MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

I been seriously thinking of painting my Tenor Banjo skin to look like the Inky Kraken one...

well go ahead and do it

• @closinghare208 said in (MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

@wagstr said in (MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

I been seriously thinking of painting my Tenor Banjo skin to look like the Inky Kraken one...

well go ahead and do it

It's a Remo drum skin basically on there, don't know if it will nakker it.. Am going to look into it nevertheless.. ;-)

Edit: It appears it's only about £25 to replace the Remo head if it does go south..

• @klutchxking518

I can't help you with instrument advice, but I can direct you to this video where Robin Beanland (Rare music guy) talks about the instruments of SoT:

• @KlutchxKing518

They are different. It's not that easy.
    I have an old german one, special as it is chromatic diatonic and bisonoric for Bass and unisonoric for Diskant.

There are different types about that. diatonic, chromatic (half-tone scale), unisonoric, bisonoric ( does different tone of you pull or push)

I like the accordeon diatonique.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEpkRYW6_c__g_e594vZANt4exu3RPfYa

• @wagstr said in (MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

@closinghare208 said in (MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

@wagstr said in (MUSIC PERSON'S HELP WANTED) I've been thinking of getting a concertina.:

well go ahead and do it

It's a Remo drum skin basically on there, don't know if it will nakker it.. Am going to look into it nevertheless.. ;-)

Edit: It appears it's only about £25 to replace the Remo head if it does go south..

ok then good luck to ye

Views
12 out of 13