Custom Server Update Discussion

• @troubled-cells I'm interested in what your definition of it is. Or am I wrong cause it would interfere with what you want to happen? A crew fighting off other crews while trying to maintain control of the fort and loot seems like king of the hill to me.

• Did they turn off events and pve threats in these "custom" servers?

If not they're pve servers.

How much is it gonna cost me to rent a server so I can "make content" I couldn't make in a live server? Do I have to have a certain number of subscribers or submit a plan for the event?

This is like protecting streamers all over again.
    Streamers:
    "They stream sniped me"

Me:
    "Hey... maybe you shouldn't broadcast your location to the entire universe?"

Rare: "They're performers, you wouldn't heckle a comedian would you?" BANHAMMER

• @ranel003 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

@troubled-cells I'm interested in what your definition of it is. Or am I wrong cause it would interfere with what you want to happen? A crew fighting off other crews while trying to maintain control of the fort and loot seems like king of the hill to me.

Of course you are interested, because you are being 100% disingenuous, as your whole arguement is a folly.

Please show me, where is the option in SOT that says king of the hill, where I can get my friends or even others in to the game whom are in separate crews, where the objectives are tracked by the game, as it should be round by round. Maybe even condense the area like arena does.

FOTD in adventure is about working with or against other crews, or even none to defeat enemy AI that culminates in a boss fight to potentially gain loot ( if it isn't intercepted )

The percentage or victories of control to the point against other PvP players doesn't determine who wins a normal FOTD in adventure does it lol.

Two different things completely.

• @pithyrumble said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

Did they turn off events and pve threats in these "custom" servers?

If not they're pve servers.

How much is it gonna cost me to rent a server so I can "make content" I couldn't make in a live server? Do I have to have a certain number of subscribers or submit a plan for the event?

This is like protecting streamers all over again.
    Streamers:
    "They stream sniped me"

Me:
    "Hey... maybe you shouldn't broadcast your location to the entire universe?"

Rare: "They're performers, you wouldn't heckle a comedian would you?" BANHAMMER

Also Rare : here please have the ability to hide your location that we didnt initially include, to SOLVE this issue.

• i wonder if these custom servers will be able to be customized with plugins and such. im guessing probably not and you also probably won't be able to run your own server. hopefully it will be in the same vein as fortnite creative, just giving you the tools to do whatever you please. maybe plugins or something like datapacks in Minecraft will eventually come but i don't think you'll be able to directly affect the files though, especially if the servers will be run by Rare

• @kirbyelement24 Zero chance of that happening. These servers will still be hosted using Azure and they will not allow you to temper with files on these servers in any way.

• @troubled-cells So basically I'm wrong because it wouldn't let you hide away with buddies. :)

@troubled-cells So basically I'm wrong because it wouldn't let you hide away with buddies. :)

A element of it is about competing against my friends for sure.

No rewards or progression, all for the sport.

I wouldn't call it "hiding away" lol

Not to mention the legitimate lack of this mode existing in normal adventure anyway, as you seem to have legitimate issues knowing what the difference is.

Or would you just rather the discord group I run in takeover servers as we currently do for various pursuits, with full rewards and progression?

• Content creators and streamers for 2+ years, there will never be a safe server environment for you to play in.. Its a PVPVE shared world adventure, suck it up..
    Rare - Protection servers for you!!
    Content creators and streamers, we're coming!!

It's all on their videos after all 😉

• @bloodybil said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

@ranel003 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

@bloodybil I use to like Falcore but he's a hypocrite. You can't sit there and tell people "It's a pirate game you have to fight!" Then hype a server where they can make videos without having to fight... It's a bit ironic the people crying about those out there that want PvE ends up getting a safe space of their own...

Yeah because it is well known that the most interesting content coming from streamers is obviously them farming in peace and avoiding other players at all cost, amirite? That's premium content right there, streamers will never do PVP again right?

The only ones that seems to be crying right now are those who expected an easy mode with gains, and aren't getting their way. Couldn't care less what streamers or anyone do in custom servers, as long as progress is paused.

lol EASY MODE, the argument is so old. How is taking over a server with friends any any different than PVE than just the annoyance of getting a control of the server......I'll wait...tell me. Considering people setup alliance(s) with a full controlled server, farming has been a possibility for ages...which is the definition of EASY MODE. So easy mode exists, casual PVE does not.

Its stupid having PVE content inside a PVP game, without giving people the option. Either strip out the PVE and embrace PVP fully, or give people a choice. Even if the rewards to reduced.

• @dragonsire2016 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

or give people a choice. Even if the rewards to reduced.

There you go! you will have the choice, and rewards are reduced to 0 😉
    Enjoy! ✨

• @dragonsire2016 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

@bloodybil said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

@ranel003 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

@bloodybil I use to like Falcore but he's a hypocrite. You can't sit there and tell people "It's a pirate game you have to fight!" Then hype a server where they can make videos without having to fight... It's a bit ironic the people crying about those out there that want PvE ends up getting a safe space of their own...

Yeah because it is well known that the most interesting content coming from streamers is obviously them farming in peace and avoiding other players at all cost, amirite? That's premium content right there, streamers will never do PVP again right?

The only ones that seems to be crying right now are those who expected an easy mode with gains, and aren't getting their way. Couldn't care less what streamers or anyone do in custom servers, as long as progress is paused.

lol EASY MODE, the argument is so old. How is taking over a server with friends any any different than PVE than just the annoyance of getting a control of the server......I'll wait...tell me. Considering people setup alliance(s) with a full controlled server, farming has been a possibility for ages...which is the definition of EASY MODE. So easy mode exists, casual PVE does not.

Its stupid having PVE content inside a PVP game, without giving people the option. Either strip out the PVE and embrace PVP fully, or give people a choice. Even if the rewards to reduced.

it's not a pvp game it's a pvpve game.

• Have they confirmed what PvE content will be on the custom servers?

No progression. No problem. I'm happy with my standard issue pirate and ship. I'm not interested in a title or making my ship purple. It's what some PvE players were asking for from the beginning; the ability to sail around, search for treasure, and fight skeletons without being content for a PvP player.

• Cusom server will be like sandbox for main game in my opinion . So you play onle PVE ? @mrloadedpotato. you lose so much fun my friend

• @troubled-cells I'm not the one who's having issues knowing what king of the hill is lol. I could care less about you and your friends taking over a server you're still in the main mode with everyone else. I don't care about rewards or progression just body count on the main server. Seriously what's the big fixation with progression on this game oh no! someone unlocked a cosmetic... This game has no real progression...

@troubled-cells I'm not the one who's having issues knowing what king of the hill is lol.

You sure about that ? 🤣🤣🤣

• @adaskoz90 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

Cusom server will be like sandbox for main game in my opinion . So you play onle PVE ? @mrloadedpotato. you lose so much fun my friend

I think both playstyles are fun. It depends on the game. I like questing, exploring, and fighting NPCs. A good PvP brawl is fun too. I prefer them not to be all at the same time.

• The development time that rare is putting into streamers to have their game modes so they can have fun with it for maybe a month and it will never be used again.

The purpose of sea of thieves is the name not some gimmick custom servers that loot don't matter. Why even hand in loot during spyrate games etc if it doesn't matter?

If rare is looking for a quick spike on twitch they will get it for a period of time then this custom servers will go PVE.

• @zwaany I'm thinking it could be fun for other events.

I'm thinking Races, or set up a custom battles for say a last man standing. I know I want to racemy friends in a solo brig challenge.

• @troubled-cells Pretty sure.

@troubled-cells Pretty sure.

So you think a mode where players have to meet a certain set of requirements to start the event, with zero control by the game of other crews agency in how they approach it (ruleset or lack thereof) to defeat a enemy AI / boss fight, is king of the hill?

alt text

• Pretty positive nothing about these servers is protection from PvP lol.

I quickly skimmed, since.. I don't care about separate servers, but I feel like I can guarantee.. the "PvE only!" crowd is still going to be way salty when they find out they can still take a cannonball to the face in these servers.

They're literally NOT PvE servers, They're pretty much servers you pay for access to, with no progression, that you can set certain parameters for for organizing events, and earn zero progress

• These are the most nonsensical and uninformed complaints I've seen in my life.

How they're doing it, this can only be good. And it could really be amazing if Rare invests in giving us the tools to really make separate game modes and all.

• @dekeita I'm gonna try to host 1 man brig races. I think it will be a blast.

• @captain-coel 👍send me an invite sometime.

• @troubled-cells I think you need to look up the definition of king of the hill. XD
    (wrestling is fake) :D

• @tre-oni Well when you only get people you know it is...

@troubled-cells I think you need to look up the definition of king of the hill. XD
    (wrestling is fake) :D

I suggest you take your own advice first buddy.

You appear a bit deluded, In some of your statements.

🤣🤣🤣

• @takuboto
    recommend the maps should increase the total ships to 8, and allow player to create a team as 4 ships in adventure mode.. so as an alliance(4ships) they may meet another alliance.or random ships, it may create alliance war or Local conflict

• This sounds fantastic. Give us access to a scripting engine and witness the true power of player driven creativity.

Rare Ghost cannonballs that spawn Krakens,
    Skeleton Fort raids are shorter but have patrolling Skeleton Ships
    Fortnite style ship PvP with a shrinking border edge (Earth be flat and fallin' inta that abyss)

And most importantly, servers for us Australians!

• @stellarsacia

Have we met Sir?

I think I've seen you at a few FOTD's

;)

• So i assume your not gonna be able to farm any gold or any other factions experience at all right ?

• @stablerbook854 said in Custom Server Update Discussion:

So i assume your not gonna be able to farm any gold or any other factions experience at all right ?

Correct :)

• Add PvE servers some players dont enjoy PvP. Allow gold rep and achievements and commendations. You try to force people who dont enjoy the stress of pvp into pvp they will quit your game I promise. I bet many players plan on playing for a whole night then get trolled and forced into pvp soon as they sink they quit and go play a better game.

• @fattyblunt420 They are not "forced into PVP" they bought a damn PvPvE game. It's literally in the name.

If those players do not do any research before buying a game, then there's not much left to do for them anyways.

Views
364 out of 443