Lv.1 quests trouble

• Be me
    Be busy with association / work
    Get online every once in a while
    Start a solo crew on a sloop because that's all you've got time for
    Embark on a low-level voyage because your reputation is low for failing so many voyages due to griefers
    Reach first destination
    Try to catch some pigs in a cage
    Encounter griefers but not enough to record them doing it to you or get screen shots with player names
    Die and lose your cargo
    Repeat

Awesome game, bully/10, would pay full price

Views
  • @one-more-bunny getting attacked in this game is not griefing, you can record them all you want but as long as they ar not using cheats, hacks or derogatory language they cant and wont be punished

Be a good sport. Sea of Thieves is a pirate game, and stealth, stealing and the battles are all part of the fun. All pirates on the seas accept that, but be a good sportsman in both victory and loss.

Source: https://www.seaofthieves.com/code-of-conduct

Anyway, to get more acquainted with the game maybe try to use Xbox LFG or discord (official sot discord for instance) to get a crew together, solo sloop is hard mode

• @callmebackdraft sure yeah ok fine great take
    attacking a solo player with no loot on a ship two classes below yours is pretty sketch tho

• @one-more-bunny

@callmebackdraft sure yeah ok fine great take
    attacking a solo player with no loot on a ship two classes below yours is pretty sketch tho

Your words, "Die and lose your cargo." Cargo has value and can be stolen by others and turned in. So you had loot, which is something. You are also under the implications that due to your solo status you are supposed to be afforded protections or some status that gives you immunity from being attacked. I regret to inform you that this isn't how the game works. Is it swinging down? Sure, but no one forces you to go solo in the multiplayer game. As previously suggested, finding a crew will certainly help you in the long run.

• @nabberwar cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

I had two empty pig cages. Talk about being "forced to go solo" to someone who has the time to wait around on a crew every time there's a window for logging on.

"You chose to play, now deal with the fact that other players are bumhats who find it fun ruining your precious few moments in game." You're not doing such a great job at convincing me this isn't just a game of bullies, for bullies, hon. :)

• @one-more-bunny not “sketch” part of the game as stated in the quote i took from rare themselves, im usually more afraid of a good solo or duo sloop then i am for 90% of all galleons i find on the oceans.

Also you are currently the only one that is taking a certain stance against people trying to give you tips, like i did....

Its not about waiting around for a crew, especially if you have found a few people once or twice you can crew up with them more often...

But at its core the fact of the matter stands Solo sloop = Hard mode

• @one-more-bunny i know it's not stated anywhere directly, but sot is best played in rather lengthy sessions with at least 1 real life friend. Only then you can enjoy it without feeling of going against the current.
    I it's really not a game like battlefield where you can drop in shoot some people and go on with your other stuff.
    Personally I took direct effort to organise my week and asked the same of my friends so we can fully enjoy this game and I'm telling you it's really worth it. There are very few games that reward teamwork so well.

• @callmebackdraft you're my hero, here, have a medal

It apparently escapes some people that the simple task of finding a crew is a step further down the rabbit hole not every paying customer is able to do most of the time.

Solo sloop = easy as pie, as long as you don't get into PvP or take on too high level quests. Tell me, why I shouldn't be able to complete some lv.1 merchants guild runs alone? This mentality of yours is entirely the source people find justification from to gang up on someone. Get it? You're not helping, you're part of the problem.

@DiabeuZPiekla I would love to be able to organize my life around a game like that. Unfortunately, it's currently not possible.

• @one-more-bunny
    The term Cargo can mean something completely different than just animal crates. Cargo runs is an actual voyage in this game that gives you Cargo Crates which have value.

Talk about being "forced to go solo" to someone who has the time to wait around on a crew every time there's a window for logging on.

There is a physical button option that will find crew members for you with relative ease with little to no wait. I personally would recommend the Xbox LFG because it adds a layer of screening, but it doesn't take long to find people. It sounds like your just making excuses at this point.

"You chose to play, now deal with the fact that other players are bumhats who find it fun ruining your precious few moments in game." You're not doing such a great job at convincing me this isn't just a game of bullies, for bullies, hon. :)

Your time isn't any more valuable than anyone elses, babe. If you can't handle a physical encounter with the risk of losing your ship, then you will have a hard time playing this game. I quite like being attacked, its fun and livens things up. Otherwise, just running around grabbing animals is extremely dull.

• @nabberwar I just told you what "cargo" meant. I don't mind getting attacked; I mind getting attacked so often it makes playing the game in my own time impossible. Whenever I do have the time, I play with a crew of friends. Now get off my back if you've nothing useful to add.

• @one-more-bunny the pve elements of the game are balanced around existing in an environment in which tackling them can be interrupted by other players at any time. Also the game is balanced in a way that your efficiency raises with amount of organised people in your crew and caps at 4. So going solo, by the game balance, is going with the least optimal setup. That can be offset by exceptional game skills which on the hand would require a significant amount of time for acquiring. The game is simply designed in a way that your "playstyle" is severely ineffective.

See, I would love to rule a game called Rainbow six siege. But my reflexes aren't good enough and I would need 4 gaming friends but I have only 2. I never thought about going to their forums and do what you are doing here.

• @diabeuzpiekla in not so many words, "don't pay for the game unless you have friends who can pay too and have the time to commit". Too bad I already took the plunge way back when the "balance" of this game wasn't yet known. R6S is an all-pvp tactical action, while SoT is a quest-based open-world open-ended adventure with some pvp elements, so the analogy doesn't quite hold water.

I've been waiting for the game to get more balanced for more diverse playstyles, before committing more frequently to it. Given all the possibilities the mechanics themselves presented, this wasn't a very high-flown thought to have. Yet, here we are, years later, still excluding the more casual and/or nonsocial segment of gamers.

Last time: Game gets a score of bully/10. Don't be jerks to other players. Peace out.

• @one-more-bunny what is so difficult to understand for you, i quoted a part of the code of conduct with its spurce fpr you to read, these are the words from Rare ltd themselves.

I merely suggested to get more acquainted with the game before diving in head first, there are a few facts in this game that will always be the case and you can either accept them or not thats up to you but the game wont change:

Facts:

1 - you can get attacked at any time, any place by any crew no matter your or their crewsize
    2 - you will never know what kind of loot somebody else has onboard until an attack situation (planning an attack is an attack situation) has already been created
    3 - loot doesn’t have to be involved to get attacked, supplies have value or maybe you are occupying an island other players have to be at for some reason and they don't like the risk of having another ship present

These are not only points of view i have, but i actually share them with the developers of this game.

this game is and has always been sold as a multiplayer pirate adventure game where any player you meet on the seas can either be hostile or friendly depending on what the players actually wants.

Also yes you can do a lvl 1 mission on your own, as you can do a lvl 75 voyage on your own because apart from some of the bigger rng pve threats, PvP is the only loss factor you have in this game. And if you play for long enough even the bigger pve threats will become really easy really fast because they are heavily scaled down on sloops.

If you truly are that strapped on time to not be able to gather a crew of people, which can take less then 2 minutes, which i find hard to believe because i also have a wife, job, houskeeping, friends etc etc etc to manage outside of this game.

But if you truly are that strapped on time i would simply advise to check out some of the notorious solo sloopers on youtube or twitch which are very succesfull managing everything including taking down full sized competent crews:

• Beardageddon
    • shockwavezero
    • phuzzybond
  • @one-more-bunny This is an open world pirate adventure. If you didn't expect to robbed, shot at, murdered, or sunk, then sorry to say this is not the game for you. I have played many hours in this game successfully solo because I knew that people were out to hunt me and a watched my horizon and never let myself get snuck up on. It is a pirate game after all, this is not Sea of Friends, it never has been. I'm certainly one of the people that loves to steal and sink other players. I do it all the time with my main crew. However I usually offer the person a chance to surrender without harm befalling them first. No one ever really takes me up on the offer though so I just do as promised and kill them and take all their things because they ran.

• @one-more-bunny

Go solo sloop, the slowest and hardest crew size in the game... one pair of hands, because that is all you got time for? You know more hands make the job go quicker, easier and safer right.

You know they added Arena mode for those that are strapped on time?

Additionally if they aren't in your crew, them attacking, killing, sinking and stealing from you isn't griefing... it is called PvP, you know in a PvEvP game that you bought...

From the code of conduct;
    Be a good sport. Sea of Thieves is a pirate game, and stealth, stealing and battles are all part of the fun. All pirates on the seas accept that, but be a good sportsman in both victory and loss.

Views
1 out of 15