How to easily spot outpost spawncampers.

• You know them, those 4-man crews who have the very original idea to scuttle their ship at the outpost and then immediately rush to your ship where they hide inside your lower deck by using the emote invisibility glitch.

How to spot them?

1. When you join the server, take your time to fill your inventory from the barrels inside the tavern where you spawn. By that time, they should already be inside your ship.

2. If you don't know the name of the outpost, check and remember it on your ship's map table.

3. Scuttle your ship and return to the outpost after heading to the mermaid.
      Or maybe not, if there really were some stowaways leaving your scuttling ship.

Edit: Of course you only need to return to the outpost if you want to play as emissary. Any activated missions stay active after your ship is sunk, so you can do this beforehand.

1. If you're in the middle of a voyage, suspect the presence of stowaways and don't want to scuttle your ship, use the blunderbombs on the deck areas to check if any hit markers appear. The most convenient approach.
      Don't stand within the explosion radius or else you'll see hit markers from hitting yourself.

Alternatively, use the blunderbuss/cutlass and then shoot & slice everywhere like a lunatic.
    Don't forget to check the ladders and the crow's nest though.
    Try not to become paranoid.

Views
    questionjust for funfeedbackgeneral
  • Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

Circumventing the Forum Profanity Filter

A profanity filter is in place to support our commitment to our community to create the world’s friendliest multiplayer game. Topics and posts which attempt to circumvent the filter will be edited or deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• @trlalon
    Calling out a glitch when there is genuine emotes that hide your name...

Also using profanity which had to get edited out thanks @triheadedmonkey

And doubling back on yourself just to prevent possible tuckers....

I think there are more effective mannors to deal with tuckers called looking for mermaids and just knowing tuckspots and checking them

• @CallMeBackdrafT Guess what, any glitch, exploit etc. can be used by just using the genuine game controls. Also it really doesn't matter how exactly we call it as it was clear what I was talking about, wasn't it?
    aLsO uSiNg ProFanItY. Man, seriously? You are really acting like that's the worst offence possible and ignoring the context that I wasn't even trying to insult anyone specific? smh moral chief, no need to do the same job twice the admin already did.
    What are you even on about these things?

However, talking about what is actually related to the original topic, these place where "tuckers" might wait can be just at any outpost, or not? So there are plenty of possibilities.
    Just because you might have found a mermaid it doesn't mean that you have successfully cleared the ship of every single guy that's hiding there. If the mermaid is even visible at that point, which is not always the case.
    I just think that noobs that get easily upset because of spawncampers might try this to make 100% sure so they don't feel later like someone used cheats or that there have to be PvE servers or what not. Not that other players wouldn't be allowed to do this as well.

Also bear in mind that a common approach is also that only a part of the crew camps at the outpost, while the ship is parked somewhere else so it can pick up their crew mates again once they decided to ambush and sink the target's ship.
    So no mermaid to see for you.

• @trlalon
    Originally you could use the sleep emote to hide your name as long as your head is inside some geometry, this has not changed. They added extra emotes with “Hide” in the name that just make your name invisible outright.

as long as their ship is not close (further then 100m away) a mermaid will spawn, doesn’t matter if they scuttled or not or if only part of the crew is waiting on the outpost.

Yes on the actual outpost an near infinite amount of hiding spots are available, on the ships however there aren't and i can show you all hiding spots on all ships.

Doesn’t change the fact that scuttling your own ship to then just circle back to the outpost is just not worth it, since you just spawned in there is nothing there which you need and just wastes time.

• Just check for mermaids in the water. Or search your ship before you set sail and pick a mission. If a ship doesn't have full supplies, Loot or some Emissary levels, it has zero value. Scuttle and start over.

• @callmebackdraft The thing is that mermaid appearances seem to be irregular and sometimes unreliable.
    Once a 4 man Crew started hiding at my ship at the outpost. I mean they didn't even try to hide at first, as I could see them hopping around at my deck, crow's nest and swimming in the water. For like 5 minutes I did some other stuff before I boarded my ship and no memaid was anywhere to see. Also no other ship was at the outpost. All four guys were still there and just played some funny tunes through their mic while hidden.
    Then I just set sail and after at least 5 minutes sailing, I abandoned the ship to the next Island by doing a long lunge and scuttled it on the open sea while watching how they came out through my spyglass.
    I can't remember anymore how long they kept swimming there as I decided not to waste my time with that any longer and disconnected.

It also happened to me that I was thrown overboard during a PvP fight thanks to a shark attack and for the next 2 minutes, nothing happened while my ship sailed away. When finally a mermaid appeared and I almost reached it, it just disappeared after a wave briefly clipped into my FoV. My ship wasn't sunk at that point either.

So I had the impression that instead of waiting until you might see a mermaid somewhere or fumbling around with the hiding spots in your ship you might as well just scuttle and return to the outpost if you want to hoist an emissary flag. Yeah, I forgot to mention that I originally had emissary play in mind as I'm never doing anything else.

I edited my first post to clear out this misconception.

If you don't plan to play as emissary, of course you don't need to return to the outpost as you mentioned before and perhaps your ship even respawns at the next island where your voyage takes place, so you can even reach your destination faster. And you can already pick up some mermaid gems or search shipwrecks nearby. Returning to the outpost usually doesn't take too much time either, so I really wouldn't call it a big deal if you want to sail back.

• Ten days ago, I saw people to use harpoon in Sanctuary Outpost, the galleon was on the center of the island, I was very far. I was on the new event, I saw the boat crash and disespear. After ~40 mins, I finished my quest, I went to sell. I feel something wrong, then I watched around the Island for a mermaid, I did a full loop around the island, I didn't see the mermaid but I saw player was moving, I left.

I didn't know where they glitched the mermaid but she was in the middle of the island idk where (undertexture ?).

Views
questionjust for funfeedbackgeneral
1 out of 8