Haunted Shores Flameheart Event is too Easy.

• I love the new update and the lore that came with it. I like the addition of the new loot and everything about the new update except one thing. The event seems too easy. The ships circle an island and don't really veer off or turn and fight and will only occasionally launch a few wraiths that either miss or do minimal damage. Don't get me wrong I like free money, but I don't really feel that it's fair that one could make around 50k loot with minimal effort.

Views
    feedbackevents
  • I would like to hear feedback on this as I don't know if it was just an easy fight this time around or it was just an easy event.

• After playing it again it's just extremely easy it what it seems like.

• @atf2soldier said in Haunted Shores Flameheart Event is too Easy.:

I love the new update and the lore that came with it. I like the addition of the new loot and everything about the new update except one thing. The event seems too easy. The ships circle an island and don't really veer off or turn and fight and will only occasionally launch a few wraiths that either miss or do minimal damage. Don't get me wrong I like free money, but I don't really feel that it's fair that one could make around 50k loot with minimal effort.

I don’t know about “minimal damage”, but I think it would be nice if they changed patterns or did a little more turning. I tried it once with 2 of my friends and we sunk. Because the damage underneath required all of us to help bail or repair. Granted it was our first time. I’m sure someone will come out with a strategy that works just fine which is why I think they need to make them a little more unpredictable. But I thought it was cool.

Forts in the beginning were challenging but after a while people figured them out and know how to fight it.

• @ecaiiaw I did it solo; with almost no problems, which may be why it was so easy. I don't know if the events scale in difficulty with more players so maybe I just need to find a crew.

• @atf2soldier I guess there is a thin line between easy and too hard. Their number is too big, so if they start acting smart you have no chance. For example once I had the teleport in front of me, on brig its impossible to change direction quickly, there were only 3-4 ships close to each other. But as they fire quickly and use the wraith canons consequence of such thing is unpredictable.
    One thing I agree is that if AI groups would rather try to follow you or teleport to you a bit more it would be more of a challenge. Mostly you have to waste a lot of time chasing them

• @atf2soldier said in Haunted Shores Flameheart Event is too Easy.:

@ecaiiaw I did it solo; with almost no problems, which may be why it was so easy. I don't know if the events scale in difficulty with more players so maybe I just need to find a crew.

Idk if it scales but it might. I heard the forts sort of scale to ship size so maybe. Although I see all sorts of ships attending to it. We didn’t know what to expect so when the ships shot about 20 spirits at us, we couldn’t even repair the ship. It just kept knocking us back.

So.. two of us were bailing but when you have 12 holes on the ship, 1 repairing, no one driving the boat, and the one guy repairing had a hard time since it just kept hitting us, we eventually sunk.

• @sheetsack I completely agree and I like the smarter AI idea. Maybe like the skeleton ships or something new?

• @ecaiiaw the idea is simple. You need to go straight from behind and make sure your ship has angle before the ghost one. Mostly this way you hit 2 canons, while they cant shoot you, and the last one destroys it.
    All about right angles and not making opportunities for them. Also I trained a lot in arena so I shoot canons pretty accurately even from far

• @sheetsack said in Haunted Shores Flameheart Event is too Easy.:

@ecaiiaw the idea is simple. You need to go straight from behind and make sure your ship has angle before the ghost one. Mostly this way you hit 2 canons, while they cant shoot you, and the last one destroys it.
    All about right angles and not making opportunities for them. Also I trained a lot in arena so I shoot canons pretty accurately even from far

Sometimes we just like to ‘dive’ right at it and have fun haha. I’m sure that works. Maybe look at it like a fort. If you’re not contested, it should be 1,2,3.. but if other ships come at you, that when things get tricky..

• @ecaiiaw one more remark, before bailing you must be sure you drive to safety, even if it takes time but you drive straight, not making circles. Otherwise you can get stuck in repairs and lose opportunities, in worst condition you sink after a little bad luck. Hope it helps

• @atf2soldier I tried it on brig, no difference spotted
    Solo was more challenging I guess

Views
feedbackevents
11 out of 12