Starz Black Sails

• So I just finished watching Black Sails on Hulu and I hate I didn't know about it until now! Watching that show probably increased my love of this game two fold. Anybody else sailing these seas love that show?

Views
  • Good show, some cringe moments but it was mostly good. Blackbeards keel hauling was brutal.

• I'd highly recommend Spartacus, I feel like it was somewhat one of Black Sails' spiritual predecessor. I came from Spartacus and was seeking another Starz series to satiate my needs and discovered Black Sails as it was starting its first season. It is somewhat similar in the richness of characters, historic relevance and witty dialogue and memorable lines
    cheers, onplanners

• Yes , i do still like Black Sails , it started slow , used nudity to fill the show a bit , but then the story finally breaks lose and it was without a doubt one of the best series based on Pirates ... Especially the voice of Mr Zack Mc Gowan , as Captain Charles Vane ( * From the Ranger? ) was absolutely rasping my spine...What a voicetalent ...Hmm, maybe an idea to hire that guy for his voice for future Tall Tales , maybe...

No , in short , Black Sails is the perfect moodbringer if you want to try this game but never played a Pirate game or saw a Pirate movie / series before.... If you are over sixteen ...or was it eighteen?

• @naicranger747

watched it two times, some stories felt a little bit artifically prolonging only but in a whole it's a very good series i very much liked many of the cahracters and the actors mostly did a good job imho.

@Clumsy-George i maybe now need to watch it a third time in english if Vane is that good - hmmm!?!?

• Btw folks i started watching Hornblower.
    Seems to be not that bad until.

• Oh yeah it’s a good one! I once sailed around a server in game telling people about Captain Flint is looking for his Thomas and that the seas are meant for everyone.

Views
6 out of 7