[Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback

• Overall, Great update! only a couple issues.
    Trimmedbeard on Steam
    This makes crossplaying hard because you cannot join another crew unless you are both following each other, and even then it still doesn't work.
    Compass
    The compass on Steam still freezes on a false north.

• @pithyrumble said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback:

You ruined the shanty. 😥

What is ruined with the shanty? 😮

• lord help me...this command selection thing is infuriating. The situational commands were so much more useful! Like if I was holding a bucket and I needed bailing ASAP it was easy. Now I have to cycle through stuff? This is not player friendly...please fix this or make it a togglable option in the settings.

• @shumikina sagte in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback:

lord help me...this command selection thing is infuriating. The situational commands were so much more useful! Like if I was holding a bucket and I needed bailing ASAP it was easy. Now I have to cycle through stuff? This is not player friendly...please fix this or make it a togglable option in the settings.

@shumikina sagte in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback:

lord help me...this command selection thing is infuriating. The situational commands were so much more useful! Like if I was holding a bucket and I needed bailing ASAP it was easy. Now I have to cycle through stuff? This is not player friendly...please fix this or make it a togglable option in the settings.

The last item you had in your hands comes out by pressing it once...one more tip on that button the last map comes out

• @galactic-geek It's not the same as the one you play to enter the hideout, despite the fact they're named the same.

• @pithyrumble Ha-ha! Yes! I immediately thought of Bubo when the golden pets came out!

• @scoobywrx555 Ship battles are ship battles... It's actually several ships attacking a solo sloop in waves. But, they don't randomly spawn on you, you have to choose to go into that area - hence the cloud.

I do agree that the seas are getting a little crowded with AI, at the moment.

• @zodiachide said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback:

@galactic-geek It's not the same as the one you play to enter the hideout, despite the fact they're named the same.

It is the same song; they're just different renditions of the same song - I, for 1, am happy about the change; the one used to enter the hideout is horrible in comparison, but hey, at least it has vocals.

• I never gain gold and reputation when i sell the burning blade loot....

• @endermanifested Also experiencing freezing when alt tabbing on the steam version. Doesn't happen on the windows store version. Quite annoying as I'm texting others on my secondary monitor.

• The new UI is very clunky for PC users. I have heard it praised relentlessly by console users, which makes tons of sense! But every time I want to find my maps pressing two buttons feels super jank, not to mention the new active chat system is rough. Press "E" then "C" to access what you want to use, I feel like I need more fingers!

Needless to say, I preferred the last system. Maybe have an option to revert it back? It seems to be a matter of preference for most pirates, some like the new system, some hate it. It'd be nice for the old way to be accessible, especially because it provides no added benefit to its users except for quality of life.

Edit - Galactic Geek informed me that there is, in fact a way to revert to the older system. So that's legit, it was pretty much my only complaint!

• @kleptomic The developers have already explained how to set it up to be like the older system.

Control Changes to Sea of Thieves

An excerpt:

Button Mapping Options

Because we appreciate that some players will not utilise the Non-Verbal Radial, or will prefer to have Quests on RB/E regardless, we are adding a standalone Quest Radial that players can map to any button. Quests will always be available inside the Equipment Radial, but you can also map the standalone Quest Radial to any button you wish. For example, you could map this to RB on controller and map non-verbal comms to D-pad Up in order to recreate the older version of button mappings.

• @galactic-geek Big ups to you man, thanks for this plug.

• @takuboto
    Hey!!!
    I'm back, this time with a suggestion I thought of. I thought a cool add-on to the Flameheart events and storyline would Ghost Forts. Perhaps existing Forts could be "hijacked", or new forts could appear, under the control of Flameheart. Instead of fighting skeletons, we have to fight the ghosts of his deceased crews, and long-dead pirate captains that were faithful to him in the past. We would get the same loot from the ship encounters, but with Hand-to-Hand combat. Just an idea :P

• There is an error on steam where when you leave the game, at times it gets stuck and says the game is still being played, and you cannot run the game again unless you restart your pc.

• Please give an option to switch the "Barrel Inventory Mouse Navigation" back to regular instead of forcing us all into this mode, i find it unbearable being someone who stocks up on alot of supplies everytime i jump in.

• @takuboto Loving the new update, but I would like to point out a problem that will be very rare but has happened to our crew.
    We was taking on one of the ghost ship voyages from the Order of Souls, everything had gone smoothly and we had completed the voyage with no problems. Shortly after we completed it though, we had a server swap and unfortunately we wasn't close enough to the loot that's dropped by the captain ship, so once we had joined the new server the loot was no where to be seen.
    Extremely Frustrating to say the least.

• The counter on Defeating the burning blade achievement is abit hit'n'miss, had several not count.

• Is anyone else having issues with the "unleash the damned" commendation not registering hit wraith balls on other crews' ships?

I've hit multiple wraith balls over the past few days but the commendation still says I've hit 0 ships... quite annoying as those wraith balls are definitely not easy to get

• @volgera

In my experience YOU have to be the one hitting the wraithballs. Not sure if you were, but your crew mates hitting them doesn’t count. Confused me but thinking about it I realized having it player-specific probably makes sense. My regular crew and I rotated or spread out when we each got to use them. Ex: if we got 4 each of us would shoot 1. Or sometimes when we were doing multiple Flamehearts, one person would get to shoot those 4 and another would shoot the next 4 once we got those.

Hope this helps, if not, I don’t know.

• @barroff-gaming

Not as rare as you may think... or at least I’ve gotten very unlucky. I was doing a Flameheart and it ended and the server merged. Bummed but a new Flameheart was on the new server. Completed that one, and it happened again. I have a feeling that if you are doing the Flameheart, the server won’t merge due to you losing those ships that you were fighting or something. As soon as you complete it you’re allowed to merge. Just a theory but if it’s true, it might cause more server merges during Flamehearts than you’d expect.

• Please help! the only shanty I can play and hear is Happy Birthday. all others are muted

• Hello!

My friend and I have done a few runs now of Flameheart’s fleet, and we’ve run into the issue several times of several random encounters taking place at once during the battles. Is there any way the encounters are more likely to happen during the battle for some reason? I mean I love challenges, but dealing with an armada of ships with skeleton galleon support, a pet meg, and a kraken holding us steady is a bit much.

• I'm not sure this is directly related to the Haunted Shores release or not, but I have a complaint regarding the Athena Emissary system. Some time ago the developers "tweaked" progression of Athena Emissaries to make it take longer to get to Grade V. This was done, ostensibly, to curtail a certain exploit whereby some players were reaching Grade V, collecting the quest, voting down the emissary flag, putting up a new one, then quickly advancing to Grade V again. But they tweaked it a bit too much.

Last night my crew of three did an Athena's voyage. We did the entire voyage, including picking up and delivering all the cargo. Along the way, we sank three skellie sloops, a megalodon, and a player sloop. We also completed an entire fort. We played for five hours and still did not make Grade V. We had to give up and turn in at Grade IV.

This is ridiculous. Any other emissary would have easily made Grade V with all that, including Reaper's Bones (we know, we've done it). We got zero grade advancement for completing the cargo portion of the quest. That seems wrong. While we did get some advancement for sinking the ships, the megalodon, the fort, etc...it wasn't enough. We ended at 4 3/4. Very frustrating.

Please take this into consideration and tweak the Athena Emissary system so progression is a bit more reasonable. Thanks.

• @xzblackbeardzx
    I don't think they care tbh.

People have been shouting about this for a while, but they'd rather just have hundreds of encounters thrown at you at the same time to keep "engagement!" up.
    No care if the game is actually fun at that point, they just care that it takes somebody 2 extra hours to complete something so their analytics look better.

• Supply Crates don't drop often enough on the voyages.
    Also they are way too hard for solo players.

Like nearly impossible for me at this point.

Ghost Ships don't take damage upon ramming, but inflict 4 holes upon ramming and seem to ram me constantly while solo.
    Not to mention, Krakens, Skelly Ships, Megs.
    I just wanted a mission for Skelly ships so I could farm them for the Legend of the Sea of Thieves Commedation.

• @ultimate-powa It should be way too hard for solo players. (And its not...I have done the voyages AND the event solo. You just have to pick and choose which ships you are going after carefully, and be aware which directions the other ghost ships are heading)

The devs should NOT ever make things easy for Solo players. This is and always has been a Multiplayer CREW based game. While yes, there is an option to go solo, by doing so, you are accepting that you are at a massive disadvantage compared to everyone else.

• Thanks for server merging me into a galleon after I parked with 30 or so villanous skulls at the end of my soul emissary quest.
    Should I ask for a refund now or after you decide what to do about the dumb merges?
    2 people I can manage to fight generally, but the 3rd would always kill me, or continue to steal my loot. Apparently I managed to keep the 4th busy by setting most of their galleon on fire, but that's a very very very slow way to handle anyone, and they could just ignore it and infinitely res each other.

Other issues at present are the Steam edition's borderless windowed mode being removed or broken. Nonstop spawns of skeletons ships, megalodons, and krakens, usually at the same time, and/or while doing the ghost fleet voyage. For some reason after I killed the kraken earlier I shot the skeleton ship 2 times and it despawned itself, the server merged, and there was no loot from the kraken.

Is the game just hopelessly broken until the next patch or what?

If for some reason anyone doubts why my time was wasted https://youtu.be/AJKLgXiz-Ug

Decided to do a pug galleon, it despawned while we were grabbing a tall tale item. Some loot in the water, no holes, no sound of cannons and we weren't gone for long.

• Super minor, and it'd only effect like, 1% of players, but seeing as the Sword of Souls has a blue slash effect, would it be possible to see a green effect be added for the Ghost-Sword for A20 users?

Arguably, not everyone might agree, but seeing as the blue glowing sword has a blue effect, I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch for the green glowing sword to have either a full, or partially green effect.

• @talriaen said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback:

@ultimate-powa It should be way too hard for solo players. (And its not...I have done the voyages AND the event solo. You just have to pick and choose which ships you are going after carefully, and be aware which directions the other ghost ships are heading)

The devs should NOT ever make things easy for Solo players. This is and always has been a Multiplayer CREW based game. While yes, there is an option to go solo, by doing so, you are accepting that you are at a massive disadvantage compared to everyone else.

There are better ways to do it.
    I had no problem doing all that stuff alone, I can recover from an almost wholly holes sloop, but that mentality of punishing solo players especially is nonsense and only detrimental to the game while taking away the freedom of choice people have now. And no, it is not still a choice if you cripple everything you dislike for your own pleasure.

This is no sacred text or tradition, the developers are free to change things.

@scytheg5188 said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.16 - Haunted Shores Discussion / Feedback:

Thanks for server merging me into a galleon after I parked with 30 or so villanous skulls at the end of my soul emissary quest.
    Should I ask for a refund now or after you decide what to do about the dumb merges?
    2 people I can manage to fight generally, but the 3rd would always kill me, or continue to steal my loot. Apparently I managed to keep the 4th busy by setting most of their galleon on fire, but that's a very very very slow way to handle anyone, and they could just ignore it and infinitely res each other.

Other issues at present are the Steam edition's borderless windowed mode being removed or broken. Nonstop spawns of skeletons ships, megalodons, and krakens, usually at the same time, and/or while doing the ghost fleet voyage. For some reason after I killed the kraken earlier I shot the skeleton ship 2 times and it despawned itself, the server merged, and there was no loot from the kraken.

Is the game just hopelessly broken until the next patch or what?

If for some reason anyone doubts why my time was wasted https://youtu.be/AJKLgXiz-Ug

Decided to do a pug galleon, it despawned while we were grabbing a tall tale item. Some loot in the water, no holes, no sound of cannons and we weren't gone for long.

Oh, I had that issue too! I got twice teleported into another sloop, although both times I was able to sink the other ship, still it was not cool.

• Absolutely love this update! Order of Souls was definitely in need of an improvement and you guys n gals at Rare nailed it! But as with most comments there is one thing I must say. The Skeletons seemed to have the ability to drop powder kegs from the back of their ships like they have some mine or keg dropper. Can we get a Keg dropper like them or maybe even a Keg catapult?

• @ultimate-powa I think when we ram them it should still damage them.

• Please make Athena emissary more worth it. Especially since you have to unlock this by getting extremely high in 3 other factions. Right now we make more from running the others because the multiplier is way easier to get and the loots for them is a lot easier to get compared to Athena loot.

• @wajuwanmekill

I will agree, I'm rank 20 now with Athena. But I will say getting the emissary flag to rank 5 seems harder than it should be. Athena loot is already rare and it takes two full Devils Roar Athena's + a few encounters to get rank 5. It takes 1.3 - 1.5 Thieves Haven Athena's to get it and that's when we stop and kill every Meg or skeleton ship we encounter.
    Yesterday we put up the Athena flag, did the Flameheart event, two megs, two or three skeleton ships. A number of random stuff that gave small rep like cursed mermaids, Ashen Guardians(don't get me going about the keys), and more I'm sure. Only to get to the rank 5 and have a Brig spend the next hour or so attacking us repeatedly, honestly them attacking us was more fun than the grind getting our flag to Rank 5, but the fact that he just KEPT coming we hardly could not do our own voyage and I'm sure their tactic was to wear down our supplies with endless starter ship assaults. That we warded off at least 4 or 5 times before they finally got the drop on us and killed us. But by that time we had managed to sell what we had, and had not yet dug up the Final Athena chest & keg and needed to put down our flag because we could not find enough cannon balls to keep the fight going. We had enough planks, and raiding the hostile ship returned 3-6 planks 0 cannon balls and 2 banana's. So I would agree, now we have to get our rank to 5 again to get the full credit for the Athena chest we could not gather or sell at rank 5 due to the erosion tactic they used on us. Still the fight was fun, but over all after winning SO MANY TIMES we did feel cheated that they just kept coming once they knew we were on the Athena.

So in short I agree, getting to Rank 5 should be faster. Right now I'm rank 20, I'm burned out and I think I'll play something else for a while so the sea may be safe from the VileMallow for a time:)

• Why am I being server merged twice in 5 minutes? Fortunately I'm just fishing now so there's almost no harm to be done but this is getting pretty ridiculous.
    I guess there's this... bug? to report
    alt text
    Quite a finish to an hour of them chasing me with nothing on board, except the wraith ball I hit them with I guess.

Any chance of fixing the audio bug of the ship creaking nonstop?

Who do we need to brig to get skeleton ships and stuff to stop spawning on us during ghost fleets? And a Megolodon, plus Flamebeard's fleet right after I editted the post with that. Stop spawning stuff on me, they're not even a challenge, or rewarding, just wasting time and resources.

If your servers are struggling to do, whatever it is they're doing, maybe stop telling them to spawn things every half second.

Again, ghost fleet voyage, megalodon spawned, annoying but ignorable.
    Skeleton sloop spawned. Took it out of the zone to kill, went back, Finished my voyage, ANOTHER skeleton sloop spawned. All this while both a skeleton fort and the fort of the damned was active. My ship was rubber banding half the battle. Stop spawning stuff if the servers are also struggling.

More annoyance https://youtu.be/a8tnvoUfDBk
    STOP SPAWNING MULTIPLE THINGS ON ME AT THE SAME TIME, it's not challenging, just incredibly annoying.

Views
142 out of 143