[Steam Version] Alt-Tabbing freezes the game for 2.5 seconds.

• When the game loses or regains focus, it freezes consistently for 2.5 seconds.
    I've tried all sorts of video settings (Windowed and Fullscreen, VSync, etc) to no avail.

This is really inconvenient because I like to watch Videos or use Discord on my second monitor. Having the game freeze every time I alt-tab back is really jarring and catches me off-guard every time.

Views
    windows 10feedback
  • @danidipp was gonna write this up. It's extremely awful. I havent tried it in the ms store version yet.

• @captain-coel said in [Steam Version] Alt-Tabbing freezes the game for 2.5 seconds.:

@danidipp was gonna write this up. It's extremely awful. I havent tried it in the ms store version yet.

It isnt on MS version. Its why is switched back. Steam has so many (extra) issues, its annoying.

• @mentimjojo I'll have to switch back for now then, ty.

• Fun facct, it does not happen on the insider steam version

• Ah so there was a thread for it. It's because the borderless fullscreen option is missing now for some reason, only fullscreen or windowed modes for now, which I think the windowed mode is a little broken too.

• Just bumping this since I see multiple posts about the same issue dated 3 months back.
    Has this issue been ongoing for the past 3 months+ and still not fixed?

I switched over from the MS Store version to steam, the game was fine and I could still Alt-Tab, then I installed the Steam Insider build and that alt tabs fine, BUT now the live steam version always freezes on alt+tabbing after I installed the insider build...

That can't be a coincidence, right? something weird is going on and if others can post about their experiences (If they also use the insider build and if the issue has presented itself after installing insider) maybe we can narrow down the potential cause of this issue.

I'd much rather the insider version to lag when alt+tabbing as we don't use that client as much as the live game itself.

• Just bumping since it is a huge problem.

• Agreed, this needs fixing as it's happening for me when streaming if I alt+tab to do a shout out or delete bot comments, etc.

• I confirm same problem very annoying.
    Hope will be fixed soon

• As this thread was 6 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
windows 10feedback
6 out of 11