Maiden Voyage: Alliances, Emissaries, and PvP

• With the Steam release, many new players are being dropped into Sea of Thieves. The Maiden Voyage covers most of the essentials to Sea of Thieves, while other aspects of the game are taught through experience and play as they should be.
    However, in my experiences with new players, none of them knew what an alliance was. To make matters worse, several of them wanted to stop fighting in certain situations, but didn't even know an alliance was an option in the aggressive pirate game.
    Dealing with the PvP portion of the Sea of Thieves is equally, if not, more important than knowing the PvE portion of the game, but since it's not addressed in tutorial, players don't know how to appropriately handle it, to either fight, flee, or join. It would be as easy as having the player join an alliance with the Pirate Lord during the Maiden Voyage, before leaving to the Sea of Thieves.

Emissaries are also incredibly ambiguous. I've read about them, I've used them since their release, but know nothing about them aside from Faction Pride and having a target on your back for the Reaper's Bones. I don't know if it's too advanced for the Maiden Voyage, but a tutorial or dialogue to call back on to explain them would be greatly appreciated.

And on that note - please add a Hunter's Call emissary. They're my favorite faction and I love them beyond belief. I don't care if it doesn't have any special unlocks or bonuses, just let me tote a big sharky emissary flag on my ship. Hunter's Call deserves much more love. Give me my fish love.

Views
communityfeedbackgeneral
1 out of 1