Xbox only matchmaking option sucks!

• Edit: After reading some of the comments, let me rephrase they need to add this in game. It shouldn't be an issue, you can change servers in game. I play with xbox players all the time/am limited to playing with.

Views
    community
  • What do you mean? It's optional and many times it doesn't work anyway, if you want to play with your Xbox friends you can. I'm an Xbox player and I almost exclusively play with PC friends.

• In the way that you assume it's terrible for PC players, it's probably great for Xbox players.

The matchmaking options allow you to pick cross platform.

• Yes, it has been great for myself and most every other Xbox player I know!
    Any newb PC player (or now Steam) always had a huge advantage over us seasoned Xbox players with gun combat with how easily they could move a mouse to aim precisely on screen and click. Not to mention the insanely fast spawn rates that PC players had. I've seriously had many 2 minutes or greater wait times to respawn back to my ship, which can be a killer in combat.
    So not sorry.

• @bobbcane The problem is not that you cannot play as a PC Player with a group of friends who have Xbox Only turned on. I want to play with an Xbox group I am SOL even if there are 3/4 of us playing on Xbox. It is terrible and I cannot play with my limited friends.

• Its not that they are or arnt good at pvp, its that the risk of cheaters is a big turn off.

The few that do unfortunately ruin it for everyone else and by opting out of crossplay we can elect to avoid it completely.

• @captain-fob4141 There are cheaters in every game. People used wallhacks in SoT that is cheating I think that PC players cannot start in Xbox only modes, but should be able to join parties that are already formed so they can play with their friends.

• @nightmare247365 yes. There are cheaters in every PC game. A selling point for consoles is the lack of cheaters.

• @captain-fob4141 There are cheaters in EVERY game, not just PC. On Console people purposefully look for glitches and how to leave the map to snipe in. It does not matter the platform. I can concede that there are software programs that PC has that can allow for easier cheating, but cheating is not a PC only issue.

The truth of the matter is that I cannot play with my friends. I just ask to play with people I have met and played with before without them needing to drop out of the game, change to play with anyone and then restart to allow me to play. I should not be automatically joined with Xbox Only players, but I should be able to play with my friends if they have open room in their party no matter what.

• @nightmare247365 said in Xbox only matchmaking option sucks!:

@bobbcane The problem is not that you cannot play as a PC Player with a group of friends who have Xbox Only turned on. I want to play with an Xbox group I am SOL even if there are 3/4 of us playing on Xbox. It is terrible and I cannot play with my limited friends.

Tell your Friends to turn on Cross play?

• The game has plenty of PC players, not really an issue that a few people want to opt out. The servers are quite small, more than enough people to fill them.

• @nightmare247365 dude... Just ask them to disable Xbox Only matchmaking... It's just a flick of a switch, I don't get what you're saying

• @lucklessjustis

Xbox players pay a monthly/yearly subscription for the use of Xbox Live.

If they want to play with Xbox users only.. Then that is only fair and right.

This opt out option would have been manually selected by them to play with other Xbox users only.. Ask them to disable it for you to join.

Views
community
1 out of 13