Sea of Thieves on I MAC

• I was wondering if it was possible to download SOT on I MAC through steam or is it just windows?

Views
    community
  • It does not natively work under macOS. There is 'proton', but I don't think it fully works under that either:

• @serenespinnaker said in Sea of Thieves on I MAC:

I was wondering if it was possible to download SOT on I MAC through steam or is it just windows?

Only if your Mac is capable and running Windows 10 as well. And it is iMac, not "I MAC".

• @dlchief58 said

And it is iMac, not "I MAC".

Important clarification DLchief :D

• @boomtownboss said in Sea of Thieves on I MAC:

@dlchief58 said

And it is iMac, not "I MAC".

Important clarification DLchief :D

Well if you use a certain product, you should know the proper way to spell it or it just makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about. And this does bug me as a long time Mac/Apple user anyway (especially coming from someone who is supposed to be using that same brand, thus should know better). Comment was meant to educate, not deride the person.

Was that last part supposed to be some sort of dig at my gamertag? I can take a joke, I just don't get it. The name I chose well over 20 years ago is as I chose to write it, thus correct.

• @dlchief58 I was only joking. I said DLchief to mirror the other guy saying I MAC since the typo is just case sensitive. All for fun. I didn't think you'd actually go off the rails in explanation of the importance of correctly typing the case of letters of the product you use. Must be a apple user thing.

• @boomtownboss Well it was more than just case sensitive, he made it two words as well so not just a "typo". Any real Mac user would know better. But as I said I wrote it to educate him, not to belittle or deride him for that error.

No offense taken, it just wasn't funny to be quite honest. Ironically that is my PSN tag so in effect you were still addressing me, just the wrong persona.

• I dug up my log in details just so i could post here 7 months after the fact, because before today, I could not have imagined a person being this pedantic, killjoy and unpleasant in general. Thank you for opening my eyes, here in this old and secluded thread. Sweet baby jesus

• @fyzbro said in Sea of Thieves on I MAC:

I dug up my log in details just so i could post here 7 months after the fact, because before today, I could not have imagined a person being this pedantic, killjoy and unpleasant in general. Thank you for opening my eyes, here in this old and secluded thread. Sweet baby jesus

Lol, was just going to do the same as I was reading his comments - then I saw yours.

The world is peculiar and filled with many a strange people.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
community
6 out of 10