Capped at 120FPS??

• so i have a 240hz monitor when i play the game on any graphical setting the game caps me at 120fps or 80fps depending on the area i am. however if i stream the game on discord for my friends the 120 is uncapped and get nearly 200fps?! can anyone help me out of a way to fix this without having to stream on discord? i also have vsync 0ff

Views
  • This is a million dollar question for LOTS of people.

A lot of people believe that SOT is Capped out at 60FPS for some odd reason no matter what you try to do settings wise. I have friends that run 2 PC Setups and STILL only get 60 FPS. Me Personally, I had a Single PC Setup running 3 monitors at 144Hhz with a 2080 GPU, and I was getting anywhere from 120-144 FPS on Mythical Settings with VSync OFF, Fullscreen 1920 x 1080 while Streaming.

I know people running the same setup as me but would only get 60FPS.

I just upgraded a few months ago to a Duel PC Setup for streaming. I currently have 2 Monitors on my Gaming PC and 1 Monitor on my Streaming PC which I had to CLONE using a Elgato 4K60 Pro Capture Card, then using the same graphics settings in SOT, however I have to go into Borderless Window Mode and I am getting anywhere from 175-200 FPS, which can vary depending where I am on the map.

Long Story Short... You have to play with everything to see what your best move is. Everybody on PC has the same issues and everyone's settings are different

Good Luck

• @mrbadabing said in Capped at 120FPS??:

This is a million dollar question for LOTS of people.

A lot of people believe that SOT is Capped out at 60FPS for some odd reason no matter what you try to do settings wise. I have friends that run 2 PC Setups and STILL only get 60 FPS. Me Personally, I had a Single PC Setup running 3 monitors at 144Hhz with a 2080 GPU, and I was getting anywhere from 120-144 FPS on Mythical Settings with VSync OFF, Fullscreen 1920 x 1080 while Streaming.

I know people running the same setup as me but would only get 60FPS.

I just upgraded a few months ago to a Duel PC Setup for streaming. I currently have 2 Monitors on my Gaming PC and 1 Monitor on my Streaming PC which I had to CLONE using a Elgato 4K60 Pro Capture Card, then using the same graphics settings in SOT, however I have to go into Borderless Window Mode and I am getting anywhere from 175-200 FPS, which can vary depending where I am on the map.

Long Story Short... You have to play with everything to see what your best move is. Everybody on PC has the same issues and everyone's settings are different

Good Luck

how do you get windows borderless cuz all i can get is windowed with the taskbar etc still showing?

• @mrbadabing I have pretty much the exact same setup. Dual PC stream. Gaming monitor is 144hz. How did you get it into a borderless mode? I'm playing on the Microsoft version and there is only Windowed or Fullscreen.

• Although 60 FPS is still decent, I agree with you. My laptop (yes, I play on a laptop) could run 120-150 FPS on average and then it got capped off at 60.

But who am I to complain? Some players can barely reach 60 FPS.

• As this thread was 8 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 6