New arena lacks player vs player interaction. And it is a huge problem

• Hello. I love the idea behind the new arena. Everything about capture the chest was done right. Except the points. Now people actively seek out weak and empty galleons to farm 5000 points with the cannons.

Now, if i want to farm kills in open crew, I no longer can because they die to one broadside and I have no uptime on the enemy crew, who is actively avoiding threatening enemies, as the unfortunate meta dictates they should be.

No actual piracy is happening in arena. No epic escapes from the enemy ship with the chest in hand. Sloops has it done right. Because they are normally strong players who dont let someone farm 1000 on the cannon off of them. The chest matters.

ACTUAL PIRACY happens in sloop arena. In galleon arena it does not. And something has to be done about that.

Maybe the chest needs to be so important that it is worth sinking to capture it, or row off with it and make an epic escape while men hop off your rowboat to anchor your pursuers. anything really. Just make chest better

Views
  • @cjstrongarms
    We have 40 points for a hit on a ship with a cannonball, and 5 points for a kill, 5 more if they are not revived. This means it's smarter to keep an enemy ship alive and continuously hit it with cannonballs for maximum payout. Killing the crew is just to make things easier. Doing this can earn points faster than digging up the chest and turning it in. One person with good aim and full pockets can quickly earn 400 points, but killing a full galleon crew only earns you 40.

I think those numbers should be switched. 5 or 10 points for a hit on a ship with a cannonball, and either 20/20 or 40/40 points for a kill. If one ship goes for the chest while a second farms points off an empty ship, they will earn points from cannonballs at 1/4 or even 1/8 of the current rate.

I believe this will tip the balance in favor of the chest making it the best way to earn the most points. People might still see a chance to farm points off an empty ship or even spawn camp a smaller crew, but they might not win that way if someone else goes for the chest.

Views
1 out of 2